Anyone doing The Blaydon race ?

dgc808

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all, I have just entered myself in the Blaydon race on the 9th of June 2010, and wondered if any of the North East members are taking part?

I have just recently taken up running after a friend at work sort of talked me into it ! Been running since early January and really starting to enjoy it now ! I couldnt even run to the end of my street without blowing out of my A**E ! I slowly built up the miles week by week and then had to lay off for a week after trying to run to far too soon ! Too eager to get on (you know how it is). I was managing 4 miles 3 times a week for about 2 weeks when I I started to get a numbness in my left foot which has hampered me for a few weeks now !

Ive been to see the physio at work and she has given me a few stretching excersies to do and I am hoping to get out running again this weekend ! I cant beleive I am actually able to run 4 miles 3 times a week ! when I think back to that 1st run to the end of the street ! boy I was thinking I am so unfit ! I know some folks might think its sad to enjoy running ! but I have been bitten by the running bug and start to get narked when I cant out for my run ! is this just normal for running folk to feel this way ?

Cheers DGC808

Back