anybody use bulldog isp

den456

Inactive User
Reaction score
on the road to nowhere hoping to get somewhere.
just wondered if anyone uses bulldog isp iam with talktalk at mo and looking to change do bull dog block cap p2p.... or does anyone know any isp that doesntblock p2p talktalk block from 9am --1am only got 8hour slot poxy service i thinks....
:Chainsaw: :Chainsaw:

BULLDOG dont do it m8 stay with who u are now 8 meg they say but i know ppl in my area who have gone on it and only get 1 meg with them they having loads of probs at the mo in my area anyway i was going to go with them. then pulled out after alot of ppl told me they are crap im in s.wales area by the way

im on bulldog we have a network set up between my next door neighbour and myself he has 4 pcs and i have 3 pcs they run very fast on the net with very little problem.the only 1 downloading is my son but i dont think we have a cap on our download limmit.we did have probs at first but since it went to 8mg no probs i can recall :Cheers:

I've been on Bulldog since the days of them having 2mb before anyone esle.
I'm currently on 8mb. You will only have problems if you are not very computer savvy, then it may be a problem as thier tech-support is very poor.

I have no problems with getting max d/l speed and never any problems with capping

:)

spiff said:
You will only have problems if you are not very computer savvy, then it may be a problem as thier tech-support is very poor.

:)

computer savvy?!?! mate if your line attenuation and noise margins are good then you get good speeds if you live far away or more accurately if the cabling from the excahnge to your house ends up being long then you will not get good speeds............that is what it comes down to for anyone who has problems not if you know about what needs to be done on your computer which is very little at most times, and even if need be is the most common sense and basic things.

oh by the way went with bulldog but never got full speed and paid way over for what i was getting so give them up. its not their fault they have to work with what BT had laid before privatisation.

Last edited:
NinjaXP said:
computer savvy?!?! mate if your line attenuation and noise margins are good then you get good speeds if you live far away or more accurately if the cabling from the excahnge to your house ends up being long then you will not get good speeds............that is what it comes down to for anyone who has problems not if you know about what needs to be done on your computer which is very little at most times, and even if need be is the most common sense and basic things.

oh by the way went with bulldog but never got full speed and paid way over for what i was getting so give them up. its not their fault they have to work with what BT had laid before privatisation.

what i meant by being computer savvy is that they offer virtually no tech support at all.If you have any problems with the line you're better off doing your own investigations rather then rely on bulldog for answers

yeah i agree with you there mate..........................uuuummmm i did'nt sound as though i was having a go did i??...............i was'nt.........sorry if i did :)

Ok to confuse you even more, I have been with BD and still am with them for infact since July 2005, technically I havent had any problems other than a few minor issues, but it depends on what your defination of minor is.

I get full 8mb broadband and always sync at max possible... Never really had any connections problems but this can vary depending on your modem router etc.

Now after being with them for awhile im finally leaving has I no longer use my connection that much and the phone line quality is not what it should be... When on a phone call we can hear fine but the other person on the line sometimes struggles and complains about line quality... We have line filters on all sockets but this is just one of those things with ADSL.

I was planning to stay with BD as they were meant to roll out ADSL2+ soon but this is looking more and more unlikely so I dont see any point with staying with them but overall I personally havent had any problems and cant complain but again wouldnt recommend them as alot of people do have problems.

Hope this helps.

i've just signed up with bulldog cough ahem bull$h!t as they are also known.

i am getting 5mb speeds, i had a few teething problems to start with, but at the minute, it seems steady.....fingers crossed.

they do not block P2P m8, i use newsgroups, but i have a m8 on bulldog, and he uses both newsgroups and P2P sites.

Back