Any plumbers in the house ?

nilrem

Inactive User
Reaction score
Got a problem with my Worcester 24cdi combi boiler all of a sudden I have slow hot water to the taps , i'm pretty sure this is down to the water/water heat exchanger being scaled up.

The cold water mains feed is the same pressure as normal , just looking for a second opinion please

Cheers

When you say water pressure do you mean the dial on the front ? Thats just for your rads. But never the less if you havnt touched any valves under neath a burner issue wouldnt slow down the water rate just give you cold watch. I think your diag may be right although im no expert.

sorry for not being clearer mate , the pressure in the boiler is fine its the hot water coming out of the tap that has slowed right down , not looking forward to doing the job but it's inevitable...

Cheers

sorry for not being clearer mate , the pressure in the boiler is fine its the hot water coming out of the tap that has slowed right down , not looking forward to doing the job but it's inevitable...

Cheers

Are you sure the valve that controls the water flow/temp has not accidently been throtled back m8.

no mate the boiler is hidden away in the back of the airing cupboard , you have to be a contortionist to get anywhere near it , the flow rate just slowed right down all of a sudden , i've read the manual and it looks like the heat exchanger may be scaled up...lucky me :)

Cheers

sorry to hijack this thread but is there any plumbers in teh lanarkshire/glasgow area looking for an apprentice?

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Is it possible that the diverter valve that controls the flow between the heat to radiators and heat to hot water may have gone? this happened with my boiler a bit back. Scaling up sounds like a slow progressive problem not one that would show results overnight.
wizbit77

cheers m8 will have a look in to it

Cheers

Just out of interest did you find out what the problem was?

If its the Diverter Valve, as soon as you turn the tap on the pressure will go up on the boiler gauge.

If it is the diverter valve the diaphragm will be gone, and it only cost about 4 quid for a new one:) and you can to do it yerself in 20 mins.

You could have a water flow regulator in it, and it could be full of shite. It will normally unscrew and come out. you can then wash the filter.

Last edited:
Back