Any of you chaps into DE shaving?

Good job I opened this, was thinking I might have to move it to the adult room.....

Usually use Gillette Fusion, but I find that I'm going through blades really easily, infact far to easily compared to when I was using other Gillette blades (i shave every day) and @ £30 for a pack it's a little bit stupid. Can't use Wilkinson Sword, just don't find their shave close enough and that stupid metal guard does my head in.

Are you getting them retail? There's a flood of fakes all over the place that are blunt as fook!

Last edited:
One of these M8

safety-razor.jpg

Not sure about the difference though as all I ever got was the 'dotted with bits of bogroll' look lol

You can't beat good old BIC twin blade razors they work great for me. :)

Can I ask what exactly it is lol...

I just use them 4/5 blade wilkinson sword blades lol???

It can leave places a little rough, however I am in my 30's and still hardly need to shave (once a week).

I found these double edge blades

Feather Hi-Stainless Double Edged Razor Blades :: Razor Blades :: Shaving Accessories :: The Shaving Shack

Could someone tell me the difference and what you need to use them???

As a previous poster said it may be a lifestyle choice but DE aficionados swear it's the 'best' shave. Then again people in this thread swear by aldi blades, electric razors etc guess it's just about finding what works for you.

Best shave I've ever had in my life was in Turkey one year on holiday, my mate had given me the heads up to try it while there. Barber used an open razor, hot towel, oils etc absolutely fantastic. Charged me about 30p (1989 prices) I gave him a quid & he was over the moon with the tip. Don't think I'll ever be able to recreate that since I'm too much of a coward to go for an open razor but thinking about trying DE as I've got a gift card on Amazon to use.

Cheers for the tips/advice gents.

HH.

I've been de shaving for a while now... Edwin Jager De89 with astra platinum blades and erasmic shave cream... Definitely best shave I have ever had

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

i fookin hate shaving

tried immacing my face once and all it did was make me look like i had a bright red Hannibal the cannibal mask on for about 2 days.

wish there was a way to remove it permanently, was even looking at one of them nono things but all the reviews say they're shoit

Try waxing:)

I'm going on 27 and have never needed to use a razor on my face in my life. Hair just won't grow.

I've gone the other way and decided to grow a beard - 3 or 4 months now.
I have had a beard for about 45 years, wife has never seen me without one, it used to tickle her fancy not any more..... lol

Why not invest in a good old 'straight razor' best shave you can get, once the bleeding stops! Practise, practise, practise!:Smokin:

You can't beat good old BIC twin blade razors they work great for me. :)

You must be thick-skinned miggy. Those BICs tear my face to shreds.

- straight back to shelling out for Gillette Fusions. Hell of a lot of money...

Usually use Gillette Fusion, but I find that I'm going through blades really easily....and @ £30 for a pack it's a little bit stupid.

This is the problem when you buy into the Gillette upgrade path. I got one of those freebie Fusions that were posted on the forum a while back. It's a good razor, but not nearly enough of an advance to justify those silly blade prices.

I'm perfectly happy with the shave I get from a Mach3 and the blades are about half the price.

That's why I wanted to try the Aldi route @nara , based on the price of the razor and the replacement blades I thought it was worth a go. Luckily for me, they are suitable and the replacement blades are priced favourably.

(TT)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well after watching a few youtube vids i thought i may as well give it a go, so i guess this thread made me think about it.

So got this lot

P1070535_zps00841b0b.jpg

Nice one mate, I've had the items I'm still swithering over in my Amazon 'basket' for a few days but ain't pulled the trigger yet. Not sure if I'd stick with it?
Good luck with yours.
HH.

I use a DE razor and wouldnt go back to any fancy off the shelf triple blade razor, People think a shave is a shave but the DE is in a league of its own and works out so much cheaper.. cheaper for a better shave, Those that use the brand name razors are hype monkeys and you deserve to pay the prices they ask for them.

I use super-max blades (made in india) with a bog standard DE razor and nothing else ive ever used gives me such a good shave. I will add im not a daily shaver i'll leave it days on end and let the stubble sit on my face for a bit but when i do shave you cant beat the DE.

Dont take my word for it try it, a cheap DE razor can be had for a few quid and the blades on ebay are dirt cheap.

I use a DE razor and wouldnt go back to any fancy off the shelf triple blade razor, People think a shave is a shave but the DE is in a league of its own and works out so much cheaper.. cheaper for a better shave, Those that use the brand name razors are hype monkeys and you deserve to pay the prices they ask for them.

I use super-max blades (made in india) with a bog standard DE razor and nothing else ive ever used gives me such a good shave. I will add im not a daily shaver i'll leave it days on end and let the stubble sit on my face for a bit but when i do shave you cant beat the DE.

Dont take my word for it try it, a cheap DE razor can be had for a few quid and the blades on ebay are dirt cheap.

Do you use the badger brush and special soap m8 or just regular shaving foam?

Do you use the badger brush and special soap m8 or just regular shaving foam?

Just normal shaving gel, Ive not gone full on grandpa shaving yet, The shaving soap is supposed to be better but the bog standard shaving gel works fine too.. The key is to soften the hair before you shave so a few splashes with hot water first then the gel and its good to go time.

Just normal shaving gel, Ive not gone full on grandpa shaving yet, The shaving soap is supposed to be better but the bog standard shaving gel works fine too.. The key is to soften the hair before you shave so a few splashes with hot water first then the gel and its good to go time.

Nothing to stop you using a brush with foaming gel - as the brush helps lift the hair. You can get a synthetic bristle brush for under £5.

As a plus I found I was using less gel when using a brush.

Last edited:
Thommo's convinced me. Ordered the bits earlier, will report back once I start hacking my face to bits :Laugh:
Ordered some Erasmic shave sticks, badger hair brush, styptic matches, Edwin Jagger DE89BL & a cheap shaving bowl. Spent a wee bit more than my voucher but thanks again for all the advice.
HH.

Back