Any made an Acer Revo R3700 disk?

Purity

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
If someone has made a copy of the Linux installation on an Acer Revo R3700 I would be very grateful if I could get a copy

I deleted the partitions and installed Windows 7, but I may have to send the unit back as I have a fault

Front USB ports aren't working, and I think it might have to go back

But I didn't make a recovery disk, before installing Windows 7 x64

If you run ubuntu from a usb sitck you can test it make sure it's not just a driver, has the usb ports worked since you've had it?

The front usb ports weren't working with the original Linux install. Also don't work at the BIOS level, so it's defiantely the ports

OS isn't covered by warranty, so it shouldn't matter. (Unless it's not legit, of course.)

I was thinking the same. I might just send it back with nothing on

I have a legit version of Windows 7

I'm just waiting to hear back from them to ensure that I can open it and check the board without invalidating the warranty

i wouldnt even bother checking it mate, why try and fix it if you can send it back for a replacement, if ya bought it from ebuyer im sure they'll send you a replacement out as in my eyes there customer service is great!

i wouldnt even bother checking it mate, why try and fix it if you can send it back for a replacement, if ya bought it from ebuyer im sure they'll send you a replacement out as in my eyes there customer service is great!

Yes, was from Ebuyer.

I don't really want to send it back because I've spent ages setting it up :)

Ok, I've just had another look at this.....................

I was wrong - a keyboard works fine at the BIOS level, so the hardware is fine. No need to send it back :)

However the ports do not work in in Windows 7, and they are not listed as needing drivers, or problem devices

The front USB's are on a separate daughterboard on the motherboard, so a driver is obviously required to kick the ports into life.......but which one?

I've installed all the Windows 7 drivers off the install CD and from the Acer support website, and still nothing

strange mate as all mine worked straight off the windows 7 when i 1st put it on, dont think they need any other drivers, i used home premium, dodgy copy and had no problems at all, are you all upto date with the windows update!

i think a reinstall is on the cards then, maybe something got corrupted along the way, if that doesnt work get it back to ebuyer bud...

Well the ports are ok, so I'm not sure what I can send it back for.

Big hol, can you do me a favour please, and take a screen shot of all the items under Device Manager / USB controllers?

Are you running 32bit or 64bit home premium?

Last edited:
Well the ports are ok, so I'm not sure what I can send it back for.

Big hol, can you do me a favour please, and take a screen shot of all the items under Device Manager / USB controllers?
sorry mate i cant, i havnt got mine anymore!

just seen the added bit you put on, i was running 64bit as i had the 4gb version so needed to use that to use all the ram, never had any problems it ran smooth! have you updated the graphics from the amd site i think it was!

I'm using 64bit Enterprise

I've just used the Nvidia drivers off the Acer website

Back