Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Other Any Lastpass discounts or trials?

gadgethome

VIP Member
VIP Member
Hi, Anyone have a link for 6 month free trial of Lastpass or a discount code? I used up the 14 day trial a while back and wanted to try it out again. Thanks

Lastpass is free you only have to pay for the premium version and there aint much difference.

I received a yubikey for xmas and wanted to try it out and its only supported in their premium version.

I received a yubikey for xmas and wanted to try it out and its only supported in their premium version.

Did your yubikey not come with a years Lastpass Premium, normally they do. I know they sell one with a lastpass subscription which is already setup for using lastpass. I'm not sure how you setup a NON lastpass yubikey.

I use Lastpass premuim because I use the android version and you can't use it unless you subscribe to premium, but I know theres little difference between free and premium otherwise.

How does the yubi key/lastpass combo work around sites with multiple logins? I have several ebay accounts and need to switch between them, I can with lastpass because it lets me choose which one I want to use, but how does that work with a yubi key?

Last edited:
Mine was just the Neo device only. I've now subscribed to premium as I wanted to use on my phone and tablet as well.

Mine was just the Neo device only. I've now subscribed to premium as I wanted to use on my phone and tablet as well.

I would be interested in how this works for you. I was looking at the Neo myself as my phone has NFC, but my tablet doesnt.

From the info I can gather it looks to me like the yubi key just gives you access to your lastpass vault, but that seems like a waste of time as it does'nt seem to secure passwords to websites, you just use the yubi key to log into lastpass then lastpass works in the normal way by inputting your username/password through the firefox/chrome addon.

What I want is to have to use the yubi key each time I log into a website, that way EVERY password is secure and not just the main lastpass one.

As for mobile devices I think it also works in the same way with the yuibi key just being used to unlock the lastpass vault, once it's opened the yubi key isnt used.

I've only played about with it so far. It seems to be a 2 step authentication and doesn't store usernames. For lastpass, gmail, dropbox if you have 2 step turned on, after entering the password, you then touch the Neo and it enters the 2 step code for you. Tried it with my NFC S4, but cant get it to work yet. S4 just keeps bleeping when the Neo touches it.

After reading quite a bit more about it I don't think I'll bother as it won't do what I require. It's only the Neo & Neo N that will work with Google and a few others because of them having the UF2 support, the cheaper ones don't.

Also it only supports the main user password for Lastpass and not the indevidual passwords for websites etc... so once lastpass is unlocked the yubi key is no longer required, again not what I want. I'm not in such a position that I need to be so security concious of my Lastpass. I just wanted the gadget side of things so I could touch the yubi key to log into each site/software instead of an over all master key only.

I already use multifactor authentication with lastpass on my PC. I have a USB drive setup with a key on it and when the USB drive is plugged into the computer lastpass is useable if I take out the USB drive lastpass is locked. Works quite well on the PC and also works with my lastpass portable on the same USB drive so I can use it in other peeps PC's.

Last edited:
Back