Anti-virus

Scottishstealth

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hey,

Does anyone use or know if any free anti-virus programs are any good and if so could anyone recommend some?

I'm using e-trust anti-virus the now but my trial has run out so i'm gonna have to either pay to keep it going, find a crack or serial (not to keen when its an anti-virus prog) or find a new one - any suggestion..

Thanks

Kris

try avast! antivirus. DO NOT TRY NORTON, it sux! and MCAFEE sux as well. i dont recommend parting with your cash for AV software.

I agree with MA_2K5 have tried most but am staying with Avast.

in my young & foolish days, i paid 4 McAfee. i recommend downloading it off p2p, or using Avast!

lol, sorry, i take it back. yes, that wud be illegal, sorry Officer Shipoftheline. :)

Uninstalled Zonealarm Pro 6 the other day and been using Zonealarm Security Suite 6 since and have to say I'm impressed with the antivirus. Its passed my tests and found things Norton never did so will be sticking with this

Shipoftheline said:
Uninstalled Zonealarm Pro 6 the other day and been using Zonealarm Security Suite 6 since and have to say I'm impressed with the antivirus. Its passed my tests and found things Norton never did so will be sticking with this

I just installed ZoneAlarm Security Suite and I am also very impressed, always picks up spyware that Ad-Aware does'nt.

hi m8
personnally i use nod32 from eset it has won awards for its antivirus and
it doesnt use to much sytem resources .
i had avast once but had to uninstall as it uses a hell of a lot of cpu and was
slow some people disagree but if you do a search for best antivirus nod32
has won many awards .

cheers
gordy11

Last edited by a moderator:
am using avast antiviris i think it is very gd there is always updates for there database. and it is low on systerm resources:banana:

THANKS FOR THAT LADS AVG IS A LITTLE CRACKER
THE BEERS ARE ON ME:Cheers:

JAMO13 said:
THANKS FOR THAT LADS AVG IS A LITTLE CRACKER
THE BEERS ARE ON ME:Cheers:

i think zonealarm security suite is much better plus it has a stealth firewall built in and anti spyware

its the best

u could get it for free if u know were to look!!!

:Cheers:

Back