Anti virus

StuDaBear

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I've recently upgraded to a smart phone (samsung galaxy ace+)

Is it worth using a anti virus app like avg or similar?

Cheers

yes theres been a rise in android malware recently, so it's worth getting some protection. A recent one was a fake version of the angry birds game which sent premium rate text messages from victims phones costing them £1.50 at a time !.
If you bank with Barclays and have online banking you get Kaspersky Mobile Security for free, I use it on my S3..

Hi guys, I've recently upgraded to a smart phone (samsung galaxy ace+)

Is it worth using a anti virus app like avg or similar?

Cheers

lookout scans before installing and there's a tracking option, if phone lost or stolen

I've currently got avg which seems ok but was looking at sophos mobile version today so thinking about changing for that one. I have also used lookout on my last phone without any problems and that backed up contacts as well which is a nice feature so may end up going back to that but thought I'd try a few first.
Noticed Sophos have a encryption app as well which some people maybe interested in. I'm using samsungs own so no need for me but may put it on the missus phone as her doesn't have that.

I use lookout premium. You can put it on 2 phones (android, windows or IOS) and it will scan everything, also provides safe browsing, protection against identity theft, firewall, remote wiping and locking, remote backup (files, pictures, calls, sms etc...), remote location, remote alarm. They have just added a facility so that it always sends it's location just before the battery dies.

They do a free version, with just the main functions.

Back