answers

installer

DW Regular
Reaction score
I know these topics have been covered before with conflicting answers, basically I'm looking for definitive answers to the following questions.

Does a tm500 super read the white card using Cccam alone?

when using NewCs and Cccam together is it possible to have the card automatically update?

A Dm500 clone I was using as a server died recently and I need to replace it, my choices ( governed by budget ) are another 500 clone or a tm500 super... your thoughts are welcome on this...

A Dm500 clone I was using as a server died recently and I need to replace it,

If only using it as a server and not as a client as well then try get your hands on a DM500c ,should be able to pick one up very cheap and they work fine as a server :)

[ame="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DreamBox-500-C-/300524928376?pt=UK_ConEle_SatCableFreeview_RL&hash=item45f8ae7d78"]DreamBox 500 C on eBay (end time 17-Feb-11 19:48:26 GMT)[/ame]

[ame="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Two-Dreambox-500Cs-Remotes-Power-Supplys-/180625407215?pt=UK_ConEle_SatCableFreeview_RL&hash=item2a0e1cfcef"]Two Dreambox 500C's + Remote's & Power Supply's on eBay (end time 20-Feb-11 14:53:59 GMT)[/ame]

I know these topics have been covered before with conflicting answers, basically I'm looking for definitive answers to the following questions.

Does a tm500 super read the white card using Cccam alone?

when using NewCs and Cccam together is it possible to have the card automatically update?

A Dm500 clone I was using as a server died recently and I need to replace it, my choices ( governed by budget ) are another 500 clone or a tm500 super... your thoughts are welcome on this...

From what I recall - with that specific ararmgment if your clients are CCCam - then your card won't update at all.

At least one of your clients needs to be mgcamd for your card to auto-update. Given the current state of affairs - if you have one mgcamd client, I would force all clients onto mgcamd and give CCCam a miss!

thanks for the info guys, unfortunately no definitive answers yet, I need the box as a client also, its for sharing, what it should be about lol... I have never played with mgcamd or new cs but i could try and learn, its just that i need to get the server back up and running before i really upset some of the peers that are giving me a share..

thanks for the info guys, unfortunately no definitive answers yet, I need the box as a client also, its for sharing, what it should be about lol... I have never played with mgcamd or new cs but i could try and learn, its just that i need to get the server back up and running before i really upset some of the peers that are giving me a share..

Ok so in that case....

Does a tm500 super read the white card using Cccam alone? No

when using NewCs and Cccam together is it possible to have the card automatically update? Dont think so m8 ,if not receiving emms then you need to use mgcamd as far as I'm aware

blackbox 500s it is then thanks for that.. need to find a reliable reasonably priced supplier now..

Let me know if you find a dm500s in the uk - I will be looking for one in the future

as your probably aware, the DM500s is discontinued, the only new alternatives are clones, a quick search on google returned some good results from uk suppliers from as little as £41 odd so great value at that money if theyre a genuine seller.

just spotted that, but they combine postage so if you buy more the average cost comes down

i entered in 2 and it came up as £107 so that would be the way to go

yea sure thats what a lot of them do they put the box a very low price so it looks really cheap and when you have gone through registering with the site and given themyour email it then shows you post and packaging lol wankers lol, yea but your right the more you buy the postage becomes cheaper unlucky for the end user good for the dealers lol :)

Back