[DM800SE] ANOTHER question lol. What plugins??

jamesyboyjim

Inactive User
Reaction score
OK guys, im more or less up and running how I want (I think) lol but im wondering if theres any must have plugins that really enhance usage or add functionality that i shouldnt be without? Ive read around about a fan control plugin as the internal fan doesnt turn off otherwise?

I already have
cross epg (built into the image dbuk 2.1)
ts panel (also built into dbuk 2.1)
rats plugin ;) (ruddy good it is too)
I cant seem to get the timeshift to work on this image, any ideas?

also where do i put the picons? i assume a folder on the hdd or the internal memory?

sorry for all the nooby questions

Fan Control
Permenent Timeshift
Cool EPG

:)

Thanks Rats for recommendation of these pluings. I love your bouguets auto update for DM800. in TSpanel i can see some the program like my tube, movie player has yellow icon when i go over it it says update. I have updated some but for some my dreambox crashes. How do you know which plugin or program you meant to upgrade. I am using Dream Elite Pheonix edition.

Thanks

Thanx rat, I'll Be on the lookout for those then :) is there anyway of setting the play/pause button to do the live pause? As on dbuk 2.1 I can't seem to get any form of timeshift working :(

is there a plugin i can install that'll let me install / mount drives as this dbuk image seems to be a bit weird for that. cant seem to get my usb drive working

is there a plugin i can install that'll let me install / mount drives as this dbuk image seems to be a bit weird for that. cant seem to get my usb drive working

Try putting this in your fstab file in the /etc folder,just follow the layout inside it:

/dev/sdb1 /media/usb auto defaults 0 0

I had to do this on an earlier version of DBUK,it might work :)

Make sure to restart after

Try putting this in your fstab file in the /etc folder,just follow the layout inside it:

/dev/sdb1 /media/usb auto defaults 0 0

I had to do this on an earlier version of DBUK,it might work :)

Make sure to restart after

its already set to 0 0 :(

im still waiting for a new usb pen to be delivered anyway this one is rather slow so maybe it just isnt fast enough i dont know? i tried mounting it through ts panel and again i just get a green screen, im thinking maybe i'll try a new image as i dont seem to be able to do what i want with dbuk 2.1 like i cant timeshift as i dont know what button on the remote does it and all this trouble with ts panel green screening on everything i try is annoying me!

its already set to 0 0 :(

Are you sure the whole line I posted above is in there?
I only ask because it doesnt be there by default,

As for button mapping just install Multi Quick Buttons from the plugins panel,you can then set buttons to what you require :)

Hi m8 ur picons should go in either media/hdd/picon or media/usb/picon. You may have to create the picon folder using DCC and then ftp the picon files into. They should then appear on the info bar.

ps I have assumed u have a 800HD

Thanx guys. I decided to change image and tried out dbuk2.1.1 which seems solid but im still having these drive problems. Ts panel device manager is saying the drive is mounted and I can download epg data and picons to it but that's about it I can't record to it or anything and half the time when I try to reformat I get the green screen. I'm starting to wonder if the hdd is knackared but the USB pen does more or less the same thing aswell

I'm totally stumped :(

Thanx guys. I decided to change image and tried out dbuk2.1.1 which seems solid but im still having these drive problems. Ts panel device manager is saying the drive is mounted and I can download epg data and picons to it but that's about it I can't record to it or anything and half the time when I try to reformat I get the green screen. I'm starting to wonder if the hdd is knackared but the USB pen does more or less the same thing aswell

I'm totally stumped :(

When you say you can't record to it, have you setup the recording paths ?

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

I've tried but then it'll say the path isn't readable or somewhere else I'll get another error message about not being a ext3/4 partition even though it's supposed to be as that's how it was formatted / mounted.

Just remembered it was working on the stock all russian image, may have to retry that lol

Are you sure the whole line I posted above is in there?
I only ask because it doesnt be there by default,

As for button mapping just install Multi Quick Buttons from the plugins panel,you can then set buttons to what you require :)

Im 99% sure it is but I will have another look, I shall also make a note of multi quick buttons thanx again mate

whats the best settings for pernament timeshift then? i got one of those mini 16gb usb sticks, seem really good :)

Back