Another confused noob

meangreenie

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi, I have a subbed ambit120 in ex c&W in Surrey

Is there anything I can do with this or should I try to aquire another modem, a an ambit 250 perhaps ?

Also I'm very confused in what is actually being done when flashing modems, changing macs ect ... Is this to gain speed ie 2mb to 10mb or to get a connection without an internet subscription ? (please delete admin if that question is to raw)

Any advice would be welcome, thanks

download the Haynes Cable Modem guide in downloads and have a read m8

.. or acquire/hack a 250 and split the feed ;)

120's .. i threw one away today seems like too much hassle, keep it subbed. subs are good they keep the good stuff coming.

: colors1 : colors1 : colors1

The aim is to increase your bandwith at minimun cost....you still need to subscribe to broadband as this guarantees a live feed as sometimes if you cancel they will disconnect you good and proper, so just subscribe to the lowest package and with this live feed there are other possibilities;) go buy a 250 and a max232 cable and download and read the 250 tut, and any probs you encounter post on here and we can only but help.
Hi, I have a subbed ambit120 in ex c&W in Surrey

Is there anything I can do with this or should I try to aquire another modem, a an ambit 250 perhaps ?

Also I'm very confused in what is actually being done when flashing modems, changing macs ect ... Is this to gain speed ie 2mb to 10mb or to get a connection without an internet subscription ? (please delete admin if that question is to raw)

Any advice would be welcome, thanks

thanks for the info guys.. i going to download that manual and have a good read... :)

Whatever ya do dont touch your subbed modem, it basically is a ticket to no internet'sville from your ISP! By all means buy a modem to mode but be advised not to tamper with a subbed modem. The rest is up to you!

Back