Another 70M going to Pakistan !!!

which is basically saying , dont blame the actions of a few on the many.

but yet we owe everyone something for whats been done in the past by the few who have controlled this country.

bollox.

Am I my brother's keeper? In my opinion: yes.

Who is my brother?

I refer you to the story of The Good Samaritan.

Although I no longer follow a religion I was brought up a Christian and still find a great deal of merit in the teachings of JC. Many of those teachings and attitudes long predate Jesus, by the way.

would it not be right in saying that nearly all the worlds religions are based on the religions of ancient egypt, which predates nealy all religions apart from the sumerians (note: there are many books availible on this, but if your lazy i may suggest to watch the first 30 minutes of zeitgeist, the first 10 minutes are shite but the following 20 are very interesting).

and for someone who follows no religion now, why are you quoting from the bible (the biggest work of fiction or stolen truths going) or are you simply quoting it for the sake of the parable?

i really dont understand your post mate, i never mentioned religion and as for am i my brothers keeper, well i suppose yes i am, and i class the people who are born and bred in great britain my brothers, which is exactly my point.

have you heard of the pparable of the sower? now thats a good one......

i`ll give it this though, most of my lessons where boring at school, but i did enjoy RE, some very good stories in the bible....

and here it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kHhc67GopM

PLAY IT FROM 10:50 explains alot and shows why modern religions are shite (by modern i mean nearly all)

Last edited:
I have a very different philosophical outlook to yours. I choose to keep my heart and mind as big and wide as possible. I feel that I am connected to all mankind, not just a small portion of it.

The parable of the sower is a good one: you reap what you sow.

Meet the world with kindness then kindness returns: hate, you get hate back.

I like the teachings of Christ because they make good psychological sense.

If I treat someone well they will generally treat me the same: the opposite also applies. Common sense.

you cannot possibly know my outlooks from a few forums posts.

personally i prefer this old proverb.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

sums up much of my thoughts on aid.

I do my best to treat people with respect and the opposite also applys, but you would out of your fooking mind to apply that to every situation in this life.........................common sense, i think not, unless you live in some sort of bubble in this shiithole of country, lets see you apply that to the streets of mosside or the like, i`m sure there would be a few parables being kicked about.

no offense, if you want to walk around rosy tinted fine.be

I have a very different philosophical outlook to yours. I choose to keep my heart and mind as big and wide as possible. I feel that I am connected to all mankind, not just a small portion of it.

The parable of the sower is a good one: you reap what you sow.

Meet the world with kindness then kindness returns: hate, you get hate back.

I like the teachings of Christ because they make good psychological sense.

If I treat someone well they will generally treat me the same: the opposite also applies. Common sense.

Are you on fcking drugs or something?

Parables my arse!!!

"Just to put things into perspective UK national debt is actually at 4trillion not the 1 trillion everyone was led to believe.

The 4 trillion includes :

figures for public-sector pensions, the state pension scheme, costs run up by Labour under the Private Finance Initiative system, and the amount spent bailing out banks during the recession.

Interest payments on the above is close to 70bn.

70mil is pence in comparison, If you could pay a couple of pence and knew you were saving a child's life etc.. I think the couple of pence would be well spent. "

Penners this post was good but I'd like to make a comment.

While I have every sympathy for what has happened to these people it isn't our concern to be honest.

I'd sooner we paid £70 million protecting the vulnerable children in this country first. There are a lot of Baby P's in this country that are let down by an under-funded system.

Are you on fcking drugs or something?

Parables my arse!!!

"Just to put things into perspective UK national debt is actually at 4trillion not the 1 trillion everyone was led to believe.

The 4 trillion includes :

figures for public-sector pensions, the state pension scheme, costs run up by Labour under the Private Finance Initiative system, and the amount spent bailing out banks during the recession.

Interest payments on the above is close to 70bn.

70mil is pence in comparison, If you could pay a couple of pence and knew you were saving a child's life etc.. I think the couple of pence would be well spent. "

Penners this post was good but I'd like to make a comment.

While I have every sympathy for what has happened to these people it isn't our concern to be honest.

I'd sooner we paid £70 million protecting the vulnerable children in this country first. There are a lot of Baby P's in this country that are let down by an under-funded system.

well said m8, some people Cloud cuckoo land m8 lol

especially the ones who dont give a flying f**k about this country other than make money from living here

There was something on the news today about an air ambulance service that was in trouble due to lack of public donations! How come they don't get anything from the government?

There was something on the news today about an air ambulance service that was in trouble due to lack of public donations! How come they don't get anything from the government?

Why do we have to have the 'Help For Heroes' foundation? Dog homes? Childrens charities? NSPCC etc etc etc.
They're all crying out for money but we give to people who have nothing to do with us??

Its sickening that we can give all this money to people who stomp and cheer,flag wave and generally rejoice about our casualties but we can't even look after our own injured soldiers without charitable donations because the UK government has abandoned them.

Pointless arguing that on here though isn't it?

Seems like some members won't be happy till we are all running round with tea-towels on our heads quoting parables!!!

Last edited:
As always a new set of pathetic responses from the usual lot. Its astonishing how most have managed to brandish a whole country based on the over reported action of few. Every one talks on here like they're experts and know everything about countries they know little about.

The facts are not 0.000001% of Pakistan is anything like the extremists who are shown on time and time again conducting travesties against other human lives (I and all people I know who are muslim never will and never have condoned their bullshit actions, which they claim are in the name of Islam). But that is another debate on another day.

I love all the high and mighty on here, talking about how 70m shouldnt be given in aid, when this country has blown billions on an illegal war with the main reason being greed and brown nosing America. The reason this country is in a shambles is not because of donations or helping third world countries.

Its because, it doesnt give a shit about residents of this country. Is more interested in helping the rich and spending billions trying to steal riches from other countries.

This country is being destroyed by fat white cats at the top of the banks, disillusioned decisions to take up wars which are not our wars to fight and pumping billions into an economy which has been suffering as a direct result of such actions.

Before Ranting about people using this country or stealing or benefits theives etc. I would recommend you check which forum you're on and the main reasons you're on here and then tell me how much money is being stolen out of the system in way of unpaid taxes, stolen services etc etc.

So please before coming on here with double standards and hypocrisy and your almighty stance, use google for a reason other than how to load up the latest image on your subbed boxes and instead look at the reasons for Britains decline.

As always a new set of pathetic responses from the usual lot. Its astonishing how most have managed to brandish a whole country based on the over reported action of few. Every one talks on here like they're experts and know everything about countries they know little about.

The facts are not 0.000001% of Pakistan is anything like the extremists who are shown on time and time again conducting travesties against other human lives (I and all people I know who are muslim never will and never have condoned their bullshit actions, which they claim are in the name of Islam). But that is another debate on another day.

I love all the high and mighty on here, talking about how 70m shouldnt be given in aid, when this country has blown billions on an illegal war with the main reason being greed and brown nosing America. The reason this country is in a shambles is not because of donations or helping third world countries.

Its because, it doesnt give a shit about residents of this country. Is more interested in helping the rich and spending billions trying to steal riches from other countries.

This country is being destroyed by fat white cats at the top of the banks, disillusioned decisions to take up wars which are not our wars to fight and pumping billions into an economy which has been suffering as a direct result of such actions.

Before Ranting about people using this country or stealing or benefits theives etc. I would recommend you check which forum you're on and the main reasons you're on here and then tell me how much money is being stolen out of the system in way of unpaid taxes, stolen services etc etc.

So please before coming on here with double standards and hypocrisy and your almighty stance, use google for a reason other than how to load up the latest image on your subbed boxes and instead look at the reasons for Britains decline.

:yawn2::yawn2::yawn2::yawn2:

Exactly my thoughts when I hear the same lot moaning here about the same crap every week too, bored myself by reading the same replies as per usual to this thread, so thought would bore you out with the same defence no one wants to hear.

Good on ya mate, but as you know, another thread will be up in weeks, and the same arguments will be posted in their. No one wants to here structured and coherent arguments, all they want to do is bash anything foreign. No matter what you say and what you do, it'll always be like that, without a glance at the UK's own so called "leaders", they'll blame anything which is not from the UK.

yes, the UKs top nobs are corrupt as fook, theyre meant to work for US, the taxpaying voters.

whoever gets in is as corrups as the last bunch of useless coonts, and theyre all in it for themselfs

so, how the hell can we, as a broken country, be expected to help get the rest of the world out of the shit when we're in it up to our tits ourselfs??

recall ALL out troops from fighting bullsh!t wars, let the people in wherever sort them selfs out, or kill each other, thats up to them, we'll save a fortune in cash, and save an even greater amount in lifes of OUR soilders, who signed up to fight for OUR country

get them all home, let the terrorists come to us, and then let our boys loose on them, untill then, leave other countries sort themselfs out

and let the not so great britain try and sort itself out as well

otherwise, we will end up going round in circles over nothing, for nothing, and costing the taxpayer a fortune in the process

Back