Inactive User
Reaction score
Gotta say there are 2 adverts on TV that absolutely effing infuriate me

1 - Frosties.
Yup you know the one
altogether now
"they're gonna taste great"

2 - Cillit Bang
Who the hell is Barry Scott and why is he always shouting. Ive been told he doesnt exist and the advert is a parody of shopping channel infommercials but im sorry, the joke is lost on me.

"Bang and the dirt is gone"

Now I know the whole point of advertising is to make you remember the product name as much as sell you the product but why cant they stick to making us laugh like the john smiths adverts

"You're Barred!!"

Be interesting to know the thought of you guys and whether there are any worse adverts out there :)

JR​

Gotta agree with the Frosties ad being one of the worst on the telly, makes me want to puke lol

I'm starting to hate the 2 rotund, flat cap wearing 10 year olds for the "aaw look at their eyes light oop" car ad too.

i laugh when i see those ads, for no reason being that people get indulged & hate them

and they are boring and mean nothin to me as most ads usually do

barry scott is an actor by the way

go to the toilet or make a brew next time the ads come up :)

the trouble with the frosties advert though is that as soon as it starts, its too late to change channel, the tune is in my head lol

There loads of rumours about that frosties ad, the boy killed himself, move to africa to get away from publicity, the ad was his fying wish etc

truth is he's alive and well but not for long if I get my hands on him...

lol yeah i heard the rumour he'd buggered off to s.africa to avoid all the abuse. Be nice if it were true. Shame he didn't take the advert with him :Laugh:

that frosties advert is one of the worst adverts on the planet. i thought the crazy frog was bad until i heard that crap , it brain washers you, and when you press mute on the tv you still sing along and when you turn over my brothers start to sing it ,well we only got 1 or 2 months of it before a new frosties advert:Chainsaw: :Chainsaw:

I hate that frosties advert too
chainsaw.gif

Also, Barry Scott isnt a real person: http://www.theanswerbank.co.uk/Adverts/Question126173.html

i hate all savestyle uk frikin double glazing adverts :Chainsaw:

You know the one! you buy one you get one free, i said you buy one you get one free.

YAaaaaaaarrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggggh :Chainsaw: :Chainsaw: :Chainsaw:

oh aye!

and those admiral adds with the twot with the parrot.

Last edited:
I love adverts and think we should lots more at least 10 miutes between each break

Barry Scott, gods if you were going to have a spokesperson then you could do better by going under a bridge and hiring a tramp...

The ads I hate are the european ones that are so badly dubbbed, you can tell they haven't even bothered to consider the UK and that sugar free lollypop one is a prime example.

i hated the crazy frog advert when it first came out now that as to be the most annoying advert in the world

jeanluc said:
Now I know the whole point of advertising is to make you remember the product name as much as sell you the product but why cant they stick to making us laugh like the john smiths adverts

"You're Barred!!"

i was in a pub in west wales yesterday on my way to a pub (erm, yeh, lol) and this guy walked up to the bar, and in a really posh nose pointing at the ceiling voice said

"id like a sandwich made from goats cheese with no butter please"

i was dying to stand up and scream

"You're Barred!!"

lmfao

Let me tell you what adverts i hate, ' The accident helpline' no win no fee, you knw which ones i'm talking about, they are the worst fecking adverts then any other adverts on tv. Those 'accident' adverts really does my nut in, and the actors on the adverts can't even act.:Chainsaw:

I agree, the frosties and cillit bang adverts are pure p*sh. Zero no claims, if only I could get my hands on that b*stard. Another that makes me wanna hurl is the guy with the football and his missus shooting a video, yes, we have a mortgage, turns to his missus, "how much do we want to borrow?", 25,000!!!. HOW COULD HE FORGET?????

Excuse me, just off to strangle the cat, again

Chookey

chookey said:
Another that makes me wanna hurl is the guy with the football and his missus shooting a video, yes, we have a mortgage, turns to his missus, "how much do we want to borrow?", 25,000!!!. HOW COULD HE FORGET?????

ROFL id forgotten about that one, it's so patronising. They should have a follow up where the bailifs turn up cos they aint been able to keep up the payments and then get evicted. All while she is still filming on the CamCorder. :)

chookey said:
I agree, the frosties and cillit bang adverts are pure p*sh. Zero no claims, if only I could get my hands on that b*stard. Another that makes me wanna hurl is the guy with the football and his missus shooting a video, yes, we have a mortgage, turns to his missus, "how much do we want to borrow?", 25,000!!!. HOW COULD HE FORGET?????

Excuse me, just off to strangle the cat, again

Chookey

That one has always got to me as well, "How much do we want to borrow again?", like £25K is going to slip your mind.

Frosties - Enough said.

That fookin elephant.

Wouldn't be so bad if they hadn't researched what noises sound louder from the TV :Mad2:, need to design a volume normaliser so Barry fookin Scott doesn't deafen me with his 200dB voice.

Any advert that contains a parrot, I remember there was a few a couple of years ago. I bet it's a way around some advertising law which prevents things just being repeated in adverts :mad:.

M&S adverts make me feel sick rather than hungry, always seem to be pouring some sort of gloop on stuff.

"That fookin elephant." does anyone know if its true that the guy who previously done the elephant.co.uk ads died and his parents gave permission to elephant to continue showing the ads a a tribute to him? or is this anouther internet myth?

Back