Andromeda V1.40 Image Feedback

just installed the image its still doing a scan as i speak, should it take this long around about 10mins and its still stuck on the scan transponder screen with the green banner highlighting start scan, Not sure if this is the usual procedure, I left the default settings in the service menu (fast scan) etc looks like if its the fast scan problem has any body fixs this yet, i might just revert back to the image i have bin using for 2 years only hickup with the annoying audio narration, sorry if im losing faith lol

looks like theres an error in the all uk selection by slecting my particular area the turning off slow scan it works, i let you kow if i get a picture

hi
thanks xenafan for your hard work m8 still have the problem regarding the upnp browser after selection the measage says no channels found please exc scan,
but no big deal reboot or unplug and alls back to normal just thought you should know every thing els seems ok so far have a good xmas all :xmas::xmas::xmas:
Ho! Ho! Ho johny48

Great image but getting a problem.

When left on overnight I wake up to channel not found on all channels. A restart fixes problem.

Today was weird, coz woke up to channel left it on fine but changing channel got the same channel not found, even going back to the channel that it was on when woke up.

Is there a setting or configuration thing I have to do to combat this.

Other than that very good image, thanks

Have had the image on my box for a few days, not done anything with the box other than watch TV and it has been perfect. No glitches, freezing, epg probs or anything. Lovely and stable.

Cheers mate

(Nokia 2x)

Great image but getting a problem.

When left on overnight I wake up to channel not found on all channels. A restart fixes problem.

Today was weird, coz woke up to channel left it on fine but changing channel got the same channel not found, even going back to the channel that it was on when woke up.

Is there a setting or configuration thing I have to do to combat this.

Other than that very good image, thanks

I noticed something similar today too. All the channels seem to work fine and I can flick through them as I wish. However, when I try to view either Sky Movies Modern or Premier, I get the "Channel not Available" and then none of the channels work. Even a scan won't work. It works after a reboot, and if I view those 2 channels as soon as I have rebooted they work. However, if after a little while I switch to another channel and then try to switch back to them 2 again, I get the "crash". Weird problem.

i keep gettin that stupid narrator on all the chennels...even though i keep turning him OFF....aarrgghh.....i hate him !!
also...is there any way to turn off the sign language person...he is on too much too ??

The sign language person is actually on the picture. There is no way the dbox can control that. As for the narrator, just have to use the Green button.

i keep gettin that stupid narrator on all the chennels...even though i keep turning him OFF....aarrgghh.....i hate him !!

Once you've made the change to get rid of the narrator, it will remember the fact you've done it, however if the box crashes then it loses this information. The way to get it to remember is alter it to remove the narrator and then reboot the dbox from the menu, it then saves the selections so even if the box crashes then it still knows the audio selection you want.

also...is there any way to turn off the sign language person...he is on too much too ??

LOL.. drives ya fookin nuts!!! as above though mate just use the green button whenever you here it swap from english 1 to english 2 or whatever and the w@nker should shut up.lol Should survive a reboot now as well with this image so you shouldnt have to keep doing it.
You could put a bit of black electrical tape over the sign language guy to block him out.lol
This too will survive a reboot.

LOL.. drives ya fookin nuts!!! as above though mate just use the green button whenever you here it swap from english 1 to english 2 or whatever and the w@nker should shut up.lol Should survive a reboot now as well with this image so you shouldnt have to keep doing it.
You could put a bit of black electrical tape over the sign language guy to block him out.lol
This too will survive a reboot.

LMAO....the sign language guy freakin annoys me more than my wife talkin thru a good film LOL

As before this image is superb, but i have noticed one problem that has just recently occurred & it does it on both 1.30 & 1.40 & it's regarding scanning.

The first problem was with 1.30 when i did a channel scan & went back to view the channels they were there but the screen was blank on every channel & no sound, so to try & get the picture back i went to reload channel list, & then it told me there were no channels there, rebooted the box & the channels were back to normal.

Went to do another scan & it only gave me an option to scan German channels lol no UK scanning at all available.

Re flashed the image onto the box & UK scanning was back but still had the problem of channels being blank after a scan.

So after all that i flash 1.40 exactly the same problem with the scanning, sometimes it doesn't even perform a scan it just freezes when i press 'start scan' & i have to reboot the box.

This doesn't happen every time though sometimes it performs a scan perfectly, but afterwards the blank screens still appears after scanning.

Other than the scanning issues I've not had a problem with this image it's been perfect stability wise, i have now had the odd very small freeze but it does correct itself without having to switch channel etc.

my old sagem box thanks you for these andromeda images xena.
the days of freezing, picture glitches and neutrino restarts are finally over for me!
thanks a lot.

hey xen

i set my area restarted my dbox2 and tried scanning but it would always crash, the transponder searching screen would not show. aso i copied my bouquets and services from your great blade final image, the last thing i wanted to ask is, on bouquets editor my first channel is the adult channel, when i try to delete it, it still stays, anyway i can not have it to start

hi there xenafan

i bought my 1x sagem a year ago and always suffered from the chirping. i followed your progress with blade but i still had the issues. this image, however, is solid as a rock. when the chirping starts, it's rectified in an instant. thank you very much! i had a go on the upnp bit but when i go to my library folders it says 0 resource in all folders. i dont know too much about upnp but have tried all the things in all the help files. am i doing something wrong or is this work in progress? again, thanks for all you work on this, you da man!

Thanks Xenafan

Working fine on my Nokia x2. I haven't had to use the scan though, just copied the usual across - so far so good.

Thanks again

S

the last thing i wanted to ask is, on bouquets editor my first channel is the adult channel, when i try to delete it, it still stays, anyway i can not have it to start

You can create a myservices file to take the channel out completely by using bouquet wizard which is in downloads.

There is also an option in settings/andromedia menu that i assume lets you pick which channel the dbox starts on. (I havent used it so dont know for sure) Go to fix channel and turn it on then choose which channel you want it to start with.

You can create a myservices file to take the channel out completely by using bouquet wizard which is in downloads.

There is also an option in settings/andromedia menu that i assume lets you pick which channel the dbox starts on. (I havent used it so dont know for sure) Go to fix channel and turn it on then choose which channel you want it to start with.

I tried to do that but didnt seem to work, always starts at No1 which for me is an Adult channel, would be great if this did work !!

You say it wont delete but have you tried moving it away so it isnt No.1 channel. I can have any channel I want at as channel 1 but obviously I have BBC1

Dont know why it wont delete but if you create a myservices file then it wont exsist at all.

Have you tried ftping services and bouquets files for your area over to the box, there are lots of them on forum and may be one for your area, if not I am sure someone will upload one for you.

How do I get this image to remember my audio selection, it keeps defaulting to ac3, no sound output over scart, for the channels that have it of course.

I tried the reboot from menu as mentioned earlier with no success.

Cheers.

Back