Andromeda V1.40 Image Feedback

i might just revert back to the image i have bin using for 2 years only hickup with the annoying audio narration, sorry if im losing faith lol

dont tell me you have been using your box for two years and listening to the audio narration on some channels ,,,what image are you using ,,you just press the green button and turn it of :Kickassro

works perfectly on my sagem x1

the only problem i'm having is channel surfing via yWeb. Some of the channels won't have sound, whereas others will. And when I go back into the player popup window, it then sticks on the 'building vlc control' spinning status.

when i go back and look at the output on the television, every channel then displays 'error: channel not available'

reload the dbox appears to be the only way to get this working again.

is there more debug info I can provide? don't see any useful logs when i telnet in :-/

Followup: Nevermind, found guidance here (https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/136864/) and am using XLiveGrabber now

thanks for a great image!

Last edited by a moderator:
Put 1.4 on a sagem 1x in dublin but it was blacking out straight away, like the blades did. This is the 1-2second blackout which recovers itself straight away. But 1.3 on my sagem 2x did not blackout (at first).

We put 1.3 on the 1x straight away and it is fairly stable since then, it did go a bit strange but my mate said it was mostly OK, and had not noticed any blackouts.

I am not sure if this is just a simple setting, and if 1.4 could be configured to stop the blacking out.

My 2x was stable on 1.3 until I changed a few settings. Then it started to blackout again. I put on the original 1.3 again and only put on my services etc. I tried first via FTP, and the update froze just as it was to start "programming flash", ended up with a kein system, and used IFA. This stopped the blacking out again. Then I logged on using IE and I saw some setting/optino that looked like I could view TV on screen or something. I tried it and it all froze up, screen went black.

After rebooting the screen would go black for a good while and autorecover sometimes (nothing like my usual "blade blackouts" like the sagem 1x had), most times I have to turn it to standby and back on. It looks like a hardware fault to me, I will try more images tonight to rule out software. Even when watching when it seems OK something is happening, I can spot this since my 4:3 TV is flicking between 16:9 mode and 4:3. This usually happens when a channel is changed. So it seems like the signal is turning off for a millisecond which the TV sees as a channel change.

I opened up the top and there are 3 resistors on the power supply that look overheated, dunno if that could be the problem.

I tried different scart sockets and scart leads. I also tried on my other TV to rule out my other, all were the same.

I also now know why 1.3 scanning was so fast even when using UK scanning in dublin, I had it set to fast scan on, which usually does not work well, but it gets all channels for me.

Tried the 1.3 x2 on my dbox2, did a scan, got the channels and it seemed to be stable.

Decided to try the 1.4 x2 on the box and when I went to scan it just seemed to hang and could not even switch the box off with power button. Had to unplug from mains.

So put 1.3 back on and now the same problem as 1.4 x2 when doing a scan.

Can anyone shed any light on this please.

Tried the 1.3 x2 on my dbox2, did a scan, got the channels and it seemed to be stable.

Decided to try the 1.4 x2 on the box and when I went to scan it just seemed to hang and could not even switch the box off with power button. Had to unplug from mains.

So put 1.3 back on and now the same problem as 1.4 x2 when doing a scan.

Can anyone shed any light on this please.
I mentioned this problem in my previous post in this thread, no matter how many times i reflash the scanning problem always occurs both with 1.30 & 1.40.

Once the scanning is fixed this image will be prefect again

Thanks Alien Heads but I ca confirm I did not have this problem with 1.30 when I 1st put it on box, it scanned ok. Only got the problem when I put 1.40 on. Then went back to 1.30 and now I have the same problem.

Kind of strange I guess!

If channel scan isnt working first time just keep repeating, took me about 10 times to get it to find any channels on the same settings.

blokeunknown73; said:
View Post
Great image but getting a problem.

When left on overnight I wake up to channel not found on all channels. A restart fixes problem.

Today was weird, coz woke up to channel left it on fine but changing channel got the same channel not found, even going back to the channel that it was on when woke up.

Is there a setting or configuration thing I have to do to combat this.

Other than that very good image, thanks
I noticed something similar today too. All the channels seem to work fine and I can flick through them as I wish. However, when I try to view either Sky Movies Modern or Premier, I get the "Channel not Available" and then none of the channels work. Even a scan won't work. It works after a reboot, and if I view those 2 channels as soon as I have rebooted they work. However, if after a little while I switch to another channel and then try to switch back to them 2 again, I get the "crash". Weird problem.
First really chuffed with this image, I was getting freezing on commando 8, blade fixed it but I have no scart mode with blade, which writes it off as an image for me.
There is always a but tho, and my but is the same as above. If I select Disc. ch. then I get a black screen with "error, channel not available", which also means I can receive no other channels till a reboot. It is completely repeatable, on a nokia 2x. if you need any bouquet or services files, let me know.

Not enough thanks go to guys like you, so hats off to you m8 this is one of the most stable images since pacino.

Regards

if you need any bouquet or services files, let me know.

QUOTE]

Anything on services for Newport, Gwent or Torfaen. My bro is in that area and when I look at finding the area on the Virgin site it sates no cable available in that area, lol! What do they know.

Defo ntl old area, recall seeing somethin on it on an old ntl map, but can't find anything on it now.

Any help you can offer would be appreciated m8.

cheers

Andromeda V2.0

Doing some more testing on Andromeda V2.0 today mainly on the scanning side had back good reports from a few people testing for me mainly on the recording side and stability if all goes well will upload tomorrow.

New features: design and save your own Themes and postion volume bar in 6 different postions on screen etc

Cheers

Xenafan

Cool, should be good!
I haven`t had any major scanning problems except that its extremely slow to scan.
This is the only stable modern neutrino image on my sagem 1x. The only other one that works without freezing is Pacino2.1.
Some of the older enigmas work fine too.

Thanks Xenafan, waiting for v2.0 :Biggrin2:

Doing some more testing on Andromeda V2.0 today mainly on the scanning side had back good reports from a few people testing for me mainly on the recording side and stability if all goes well will upload tomorrow.

New features: design and save your own Themes and postion volume bar in 6 different postions on screen etc

Cheers

Xenafan

Nice one Xenafan, look forward to it. Lets hope it solves the "Channel not available" problem that a few of us have been suffering.

Anyway, keep up the good work!

Back