Mobile Phones Android or Win Mo.. Please advise

maarksparky

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi folks,

My contract is due next month and gonna call O two to see what they can offer..

However, Im stuck between the choices...

Please advise what phone should I get..

I like

HTC HD2 - Windows Mobile software
HTC Desire - Android
Nokia E72 - Symbian

Please advise..

my mate has the htc looks smart and apps are not 2 bad , but u not considered the iphone 3gs or june the iphone 4.0g

my mate has the htc looks smart and apps are not 2 bad , but u not considered the iphone 3gs or june the iphone 4.0g

cheers mate.. not a big iphone due to the carryon with itunes..

I personally want to go for HTC HD2 but been reading stuff about Win Mo and Andriod..

I've got the hd and it's an awsome pocket pc/phone but i think i'm going to get a Desire when my contracts up, I think android is the way to go now

I've got the hd and it's an awsome pocket pc/phone but i think i'm going to get a Desire when my contracts up, I think android is the way to go now

I agree, I have been die hard windows mobile fanboy since 2005 starting with an XDA and currently have a HTC touch pro 2.

Finally (because of the iPhone) and HTC's dedication, Windows mobile phones are as good as they were always hyped up to be, however it is to little to late, they are excellent phones, but having loaded android onto my touch pro 2 (made possible because HTC have used very similar hardware in my phone and some of their android phones) I am absolutely blown away at how excellent it is, and it has made me think, if google can do an OS this good in this short amount of time why am I bothering to persist with winMO and waiting for Microsoft to iron out quirks slowly !

the only killer app for me that is missing from android is tomtom, but im sure that will be fixed in time and as of last week google maps got a free upgrade to be able to do turn by turn voiced navigation.

the app store is excellent and has tons of free apps too, windows mobile has nothing and all I hear about win mobile 7 (due later this year ) is hassle and trouble, all im waiting for now is effectively a Nexus 1/Desire (they are pretty much the same phone both made by HTC) with a keyboard and I will purchase it.

I have just recently sold my hd2 for a desire and trust me Android is much better than win mob. Not sure which phone I prefer though. I wish I could combine bits of both but that is down the hd2s big screen and I prefer the sense UI on the hd2 even though its not as feature packed as the desire.

But within that combo the phones OS would without doubt be android.

Hope this helps :)

Well I am a massive winmo fanboy and am up for upgrade.

Now the more I read about android the more I am starting to be convinced, plus winmo7 looks like its gonna be a disappointment.

Now can I bear being without winmo? The prospect makes me shudder.

So this is what I decided to do.

I am gonna get the hd2, then, thanks to some wonderful developers I am going to put Android on it, this will allow me to dual boot. That way I can test and make my own decisions.

Now the more I read about android the more I am starting to be convinced, plus winmo7 looks like its gonna be a disappointment.

I am gonna get the hd2, then, thanks to some wonderful developers I am going to put Android on it, this will allow me to dual boot. That way I can test and make my own decisions.

This is how im running android on my touch pro, it's fine so long as you understand it is not perfect, it kills the battery faster than it should and runs slower than it should because parts of winmo are running in the back ground.

If like me you decide you like android you can trade your hd2 in at cex for a desire.

The Desire is supposed to be an iPhone killer but for my money I would get the HD2 which is also getting amazing reviews, and slp on Win7 when it is released.

As you say 'Devs' have got an Android port so that way you can try Win6.5,Win7 and Android to see which you prefer.

The Desire is supposed to be an iPhone killer but for my money I would get the HD2 which is also getting amazing reviews, and slp on Win7 when it is released.

As you say 'Devs' have got an Android port so that way you can try Win6.5,Win7 and Android to see which you prefer.

thank you all for advice

ordered HD2 lastnight and it got delivered today.. I am very impressed...

cheers guys !!

whats the best recommended software to sync it?

Forgot to mention but I also use SPB backup to periodically take a snapshot of my phone, especially if I am about to flash a new ROM to it.

This utility is much like Windows Restore as it takes a snapshot of your device and stores it in an executable recovery file.

I sync my htc with google, that way it does it remotly everyday and all my stuff is on the "cloud"

does that use up alot of your data allowance. most call plans only come with 500mb data per month

does that use up alot of your data allowance. most call plans only come with 500mb data per month

sorry for the delay in replying, been away.

No not much data at all and if there are no differences to sync in dont think any data is used. Just a few kbs

Back