android iptv box roooted or not

halfman halflager

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
ive been looking on ali express at android iptv boxes as thinking of having a new toy to tinker with .
ive seen a cs918 quadcore for about £50 and sending messages to and from supplier they told they could install xbmc will have android 4.2.2 etc and if i wanted it rooted they could root it for me just let them know when i placed an order.
now not being that savy on android just wanted to know the pros and cons of beeing rooted against standard ,as i believe you can not install some apps on rooted devices etc .so would you have the device rooted or leave standard any thoughts
cheers

rooted m8 never heard of any apks that dont install except on non rooted , rooted just means you have admin access super user as in linux
on the other hand a raspberry pi is cheaper and you can use a android or iphone as the remote use berryboot to dual boot xbmc or any other operating system full 1080p I am very happy with mine I have installed sickbeard and sabnzbd and just run android vnc and isssue the commands tightvncserver from connectbot which gives me a screen on my S2 then click on sound and vision select xbmc then exit both and run xbmc remote on the phone to control xbmc

Last edited:
cheers for the reply edogg just wondered about rooted as i know on my tab sky go is a no go for example it sniffs out its rooted so you caant log in etc .
i did have a pi for a short while one of the first ones waited about 3 to 4 months to get it and unfortunately it was from a batch that had faulty usb ethernet hub you could either use one or the other if you had both connected you would get to the gui and it would freeze so it had to be returned and they refunded me instead of replacing and i never got round to getting another.
know what your saying about the pi and xbmc and stuff if they supported flash so you could stream from websites would be spot on but alas no flash support where as android has some but if theres an app for the site then you are away.
got xbmc on the lappy so know its potential for streaming films etc also thinking that some iptv looks like it might work on android so will will order one rooted and get them to install xbmc on it like they say the will they send using china post so will be a new year toy me thinks not a christmas playabout one

I have just tried installing sky go on my rooted galaxy S2 and it installed with no problems I am not a sky customer though so I cannot test it

Back