Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Amino Acid, HMB, ZMA

Utopie

Inactive User
What does anyone know about these and would you say any of them are essential.

I have noticed them on various websites but don't take any of them. I take Zinc and Magnesium, but it taking ZMA better?

Also, I noticed that the more expensive protein shakes have amino acid profiles, but I get the dirt cheap shite that has horse shit in it.

Seeing as all 3 are on sale at H&B at the moment, just wondering if anyone would DEFINETLY recommend any of these?

I've just got back into weight training in the last couple of months and have been looking into this a lot. I didn't bother in the past but I think I need all the help I can get now :Hit:.

I've tried and I am still using ZMA although I have read mixed reports (including independent ones from academics). Some say that you will benefit if you are deficient in those minerals and some say that Zinc in the 'Zinc Monomethionine Aspartate' form is ineffective and can't be used by the body anyway. The stories you read about ZMA giving you better sleep is true, I noticed a deeper sleep the first time I took it. I think that is the Magnesium. I don't eat much meat (changing that soon, too lazy I suppose) and I like a drink (another training sin) so I might be low in Zinc but everyone will differ.

I take 5g of Creatine a day and 15g of Glutamine, I bought a tub of 'X-Celer8' pre-training formula as it was on offer and have some of that before the gym (Ingredients sound like a chemistry set :)).

I get Reflex Instant Whey and Instant Mass, I use the Mass for breakfast on non-training days and for a meal 1-1:30 hours before the gym on training days. I've looked at a few and the Reflex stuff seems to have some good amino acid stuff in it, whether you need it if you take the other things is a different matter though.

'ZMA' is a trademark, the Reflex version is called 'Zinc Matrix' but I think they have some additional vitamins. The formula is supposed to be something to do with the ratio of the ingredients :S.

Also... I read that after ingestion, amino acids may compete for absorbtion. It might get complicated when taking multiple ones.

I'm getting bigger carrying supplements about ;).

Back