Ambulance strikes

Joe Noodles

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Ambulance strikes: How is getting more pay going to help them from waiting outside for hours and hours with patients? 🤔 I thought that we would need more beds/doctors and nurses would help this not more pay for Ambulance drivers 🙄

Yes they do deserve better pay but going by what they say they are on strike for, makes no sense to me

It's to do with wages not following inflation no were do they mention it's for extra staff.

Cost of living is currently spiraling out of control and people as whole struggling to make ends meat.
People not just NHS have had enough, the top earners keep getting more while workers are asked to work longer harder and for less.

What the NHS need to do is, stop calling out for some people who phone for an ambulance when it's not needed. I know an ex driver and he said, the times we were called out for say broken arms, banged heads, cuts which didn't need an ambulance is frightening, get a lift or taxi I say.

Big city council's need these p"ss head recovery tents were blind drunk drinkers who are legless can go for help and sleep it off rather than pack the local A&E room with folk drunk and been abusive taking a huge strain on resources of a weekend.
Ask any Police officer or A&E what takes up alot of your time ? Drink & drugs will be the top 2.

You want my view on all of this and the NHS? It's like a free buffet then loading your plate up and leaving half because it's free, pay for it you'd probably say I'm not hungry thanks

Because it's free alot huge amount of people abuse the NHS for everything it's got. You'd be surprised the amount of calls the NHS call in centers and doctors get for simple ailments which you can buy over the counter but because it's free "for some" ..abuse it.

The UK has become a nation of people who expect everything on a plate. My solution is simple, everyone pays £5 a week towards the NHS regardless of working or benefit, taken via benefit payout or via your tax code then there's no argument who does doesn't contribute to the system.

I'm all for the strikes, pay the ambulance and nurses a fair wage hey for a very difficult job most couldn't do.
I bet you a pound to a pinch of sh#t the MP's get a pay rise in line with inflation.

Last edited:
Better off with PAYG than PAYE
NHS is not a free service
I think the majority of people who use the NHS are drunks/druggies/self inflicted d**kheads who should be charged for their stupidity and wasting the NHS and legit people who need the NHS time and money

Just walked past them all picketing at our local depot.

Seems every month im passing pickets buses last time.

Now im not disputing why, they need paying better for the jobs they're doing the whole NHS tbh. I just hope this does not cost any lives.

I agree but at the rate the NHS is going with people leaving it for better paid jobs there'll be deaths anyway.
Thi g that gets me, we can find £6million a day to house asylum seekers in hotels and send billions aboard but we can't for once take care of the mess were in.
Theres an absolute brilliant video flying around on Africa and the foreign aid sent to them.
Africa is one of the richest of the continents with an abundance of wealth and resources but the Red Cross Salvation Army and the rest of the charity's use propaganda to lead us to believe the whole countries on its knees, well worth the watch.
These charity's are worth billions hence they ask us for more and more

I don’t think now is the time for these Unaffordable demands I think we all have to suck it up a bit for a year or so. Times are tough but fueling inflation isn’t going to help.

Luckily I managed to get a pay rise to match inflation (although I want more), i'm lucky that I work in IT, so there are so many jobs out there so I can easily move jobs to get a decent pay-rise above the rate of inflation etc.

I stand with the NHS workers and all others who are having to resort to strikes to get pay increases that they deserve.

Workers are told that the government can't afford to increases they are after, yet they have no problem sending money which should be used on the UK citizens, in foreign aid & housing asylum seekers as already mentioned. Really makes my p1ss boil.

As well as pay increases for staff they need to make everyone pay for prescriptions instead of making those who work like me have to pay for bloody everything should I ever need any medicines (that is providing I can even get to see a doctor to get a prescription). Alternatively, make them free for all.

Could probably get rid of shed loads of managers in NHS to make savings and have bit more money to provide pay rises close to what staff want and deserve.

The Labour Party created the NHS and 12 years of Tory government has pretty much broken it.
They have no interest in mending it they are far too preoccupied with giving money to their cronies or their future employers.
They make me sick.
We will have to wait for Labour to win the next election so that they can actually get it fixed.

The country is broken but these strikes have the potential to totally wreck it. Best case scenario is it brings the Government down and get someone in that can help it back on its feet.

sunaks silence is bordering on arrogance

Back