ambit200 ready light only!

hotwire

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi guys just done my first ambit 200. all went well until i rebooted with coax in. the problem i am having is that the only lights i am getting are the power lights and the ready lights which flashes once and then stays solid no other lights coming up. pls help if anyone knows whats wrong. thanks in advance.

yes m8 there the only 2 lights you need on.mines r solid but can not get it up and running..

It should work chaps, ive done it, others have done it too, so why isnt yours ??? hmmm ?? i cant think of what your doing wrong.

I know that user hotwire wasnt sure about how/when/where to input commands >>>

Now type annex_a

Now type cm_tuner 14

NTL ONLY TYPE THIS LINE….. cm_annex 3

He wasnt sure if the cm_annex 3 went inplace of the annex_a or the cm_tuner14 or vice versa, the tut isnt very clear at that point in telling exactly what way its meant to be, and i cant remember myself what it was i done, maybe someone can tell us exactly how it should be please, cheers.

if all else fails guys go to the dload section use the guide to reload the bootloader and start from scratch making sure that everything is as in the guide!
I've put photo's in a guide for almost every step so if it dont work its gotta be you or the modem is fried!

It should work chaps, ive done it, others have done it too, so why isnt yours ??? hmmm ?? i cant think of what your doing wrong.

I know that user hotwire wasnt sure about how/when/where to input commands >>>

Now type annex_a

Now type cm_tuner 14

He wasnt sure if the cm_annex 3 went inplace of the annex_a or the cm_tuner14 or vice versa, the tut isnt very clear at that point in telling exactly what way its meant to be, and i cant remember myself what it was i done, maybe someone can tell us exactly how it should be please, cheers.

could someone tell me whats the correct way to enter the commands above please ?

sorry i'm TW but tbh guys should be the same.
Try it.
If it doesnt work do all the commands again after a reboot with annex b instead of A
And see if that works
After that i'm not too sure!
Hope it works!
Thinks NTL and TW should be the same Ex C&W may be diff

sorry i'm TW but tbh guys should be the same.
Try it.
If it doesnt work do all the commands again after a reboot with annex b instead of A
And see if that works
After that i'm not too sure!
Hope it works!
Thinks NTL and TW should be the same Ex C&W may be diff

thanks paddy :), can anyone clarify if its annex a or b for pure ntl please, cheers.

p.s
and how exactly would this part of the commands be written >>>

Now type annex_a

Now type cm_tuner 14

we'r still kinda confused with this part ?

Last edited:
what do you mean how would this part of the command be written.
type in annex_a then hit enter
then type cm_tuner 14 then hit enter
then type cm_annex 3 and hit enter,
i would assume that the modems will be defaulted to the correct annex already or the firmware will be for NTL see-ing as its an NTL modem not a Telewest modem. I'll do some diggin about and see if i can come up with more info but have u actually got ur modem to work thomson or whats the story??

@ random_paddy
its not thomsons modem hes asking about for me as he is helpin me get my modem going. i have tried everything but just cant get it online. i am using my subbed mac in it so that cant be the problem. the only thing i am not sure about is if i shud be using annex a or annex b for pure nthell.?

Well im pure NTHell in notts and i use annex a

Hope this helps

my advice is to flash the firmware and not to run that annex a or b command.
Try that and see if it works
If no try Annex B. When i get home and get some sleep i'll do a lil diggin into it but from a small bit of hopeful and logical thinking i'd think that as the flash is on a ntl based modem i would assume that its default on the hacked firmware is to an ntl setting. In Fact i'd almost go as far as to try and flash the modem and not change any thing via commands just via the sigma pages.
Then try it!
Have a go.

what do you mean how would this part of the command be written.
type in annex_a then hit enter
then type cm_tuner 14 then hit enter
then type cm_annex 3 and hit enter,
i would assume that the modems will be defaulted to the correct annex already or the firmware will be for NTL see-ing as its an NTL modem not a Telewest modem. I'll do some diggin about and see if i can come up with more info but have u actually got ur modem to work thomson or whats the story??

sorry mate, i should have made it clearer that i was asking on behalf of user "hotwire" whom ive been trying to help but not having much luck.
He was using the same tut as i used yonks ago which was done by "CRAIGR313 of endcrypt".
Following the tut i managed to get mines up n running after a bit of fecking around, but i cant remember exactly how that part of the commands should be entered, its the "NTL ONLY TYPE THIS LINE….. cm_annex 3" part thats confusing the issue, you know what i mean now mate ???

I tried to attach the tut to this post but it exceeds the size limit.

Back