Ambit 250 speed varying

junaydmirza

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all, thanks to this forum i have flashed my first ambit 250. using haynes guide to flash and ambit tool 0.96 to put mac etc.

i am in ex c&w area using 'cmreg-ntlhm120-bund03.cm' mac which i scanned from a friend's pc living a mile and half away.

i am now forcing 'cmreg-ntlhm250-bund03.cm' config but when i scan my current mac using dhcp force, i get 'cmreg-ntlhm120-bund03.cm' as my config file but the modem config page tells me that it is 'cmreg-ntlhm250-bund03.cm' .

is it supposed to be like that or have i done something wrong. my speeds are varying too much... between 300kb to 18mb while uploads are always around 700+.

one more thing, if i use some lower config file mac and force bund03, my modem config page still tells me that i have bund03 but dhcpforce and my download speeds stick to original speed.

any ideas if i am missing something??

thanks

i am in ex c&w area using 'cmreg-ntlhm120-bund03.cm' mac which i scanned from a friend's pc living a mile and half away.

i am now forcing 'cmreg-ntlhm250-bund03.cm' config but when i scan my current mac using dhcp force, i get 'cmreg-ntlhm120-bund03.cm' as my config file but the modem config page tells me that it is 'cmreg-ntlhm250-bund03.cm' .

is it supposed to be like that or have i done something wrong.
thanks
yes m8, 120-bund03 is the default config file name of the mac so u will only see the default config file when u stick it in dhcpforce. 250-bund03 is the file name ur using it to force the download speed, it wont alter orignal filename of the mac and its would be the same with lower speed macs also

thanks gentlex for clearing that up

so i am right in assuming that the slow download speeds a get are either due to capping or maybe there is some work going on in my area. anyone else in east london facing this or having full speed d/l?

will try some other macs now.

thanks gentlex for clearing that up

so i am right in assuming that the slow download speeds a get are either due to capping or maybe there is some work going on in my area. anyone else in east london facing this or having full speed d/l?

will try some other macs now.
dont use speedtest sites to test ur speed, they're totally crap and extremtely inaccurate atm try usenet server or a gaming to test ur speed

If your speeds are unstable, try using the business 10meg down 756up config - I found that gave accurate speedtest results and was rock solid at (just under) 10 meg.

ok i am on cmbus-pkg2 now
lets see how this one goes...
are these business packages capped too?

if u already have a bund03 mac there's no need to force the config

Back