Firmware Linksy e4200 @ HH5

morph1976

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi, I have just upgraded to btinfinity and have been given a HH5. I get good speeds through the hub but want to use my e4200 as it runs tomato and I use it for vpn. When I connect it directly to hh5 I get speeds of 1.5mb as opposed to 60gb. I have an bt openreach hg612 rev 30 but can't seem to get this to work and also have an hh3. I can't seem to get speeds up on my e4200, any suggestions on how to configure both routers or modem and router for maximum speed on e4200. I am fairly new to this but can follow instructions well. Thanks
Frank

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Hi, I have just upgraded to btinfinity and have been given a HH5. I get good speeds through the hub but want to use my e4200 as it runs tomato and I use it for vpn. When I connect it directly to hh5 I get speeds of 1.5mb as opposed to 60gb. I have an bt openreach hg612 rev 30 but can't seem to get this to work and also have an hh3. I can't seem to get speeds up on my e4200, any suggestions on how to configure both routers or modem and router for maximum speed on e4200. I am fairly new to this but can follow instructions well. Thanks
Frank

Hi mate,

Any reason why you haven't plugged your e4200 directly into the white modem which would have been installed by the engineer? Not the BT HH but the modem which is a separate unit.

The home hub 5 has an integrated modem and router and does not come with the white openreach modem but I bought one of them separately. I plug the modem in and only get speeds of between 1@2 mb download speeds. The homehub gets 60

If you plug the white modem in and then plug your PC directly into the white modem as below:

Set network card ip to 192.168.1.75 /255.255.255.0

set gateway to 0.0.0.0

set dns to auto

New network connection wizard.

1/ connect to internet : next

2/ set up my connection manualy :next

3/ pppoe connection :next

4/name of connection :- Infinity :next

5/ phone number , none :next

6/ user name : take from modem user name , no password :next

7/ add short cut to desktop :next

8 finish.

put cat 5 lead into modem

click on link and will connect .

What speeds do you get? This will see if its the modem or your e4200. Also have hard wired into your e4200 to test?

Hi there is no username on the modem, it's one I bought from eBay is there a way of logging into it? How fo I set network ip card? Sorry I new to networking

I have received an error 651

I now get error 720

Looks like I get both errors

Back