Sensible Topic Amazon dot

srgberian

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
So i bought a sony srs‑xb20 portable bluetooth speaker,to have better sounds from Alexa,. Trying to pair it was not possible,tried for hours,watched videos etc,still could not find the speaker,went into settings to pair it ,still no joy

Problem solved. i reset Alexa so factory setting ( hold down mic icon and minus volume button for 20 secs,1st it goes orange then blue then reboot) uninstall the app from my table,reboot Alexa reinstall app and it worked straight away.

hope this helps any 1 else with this problem.

If you have the dot and speakers close to each other then a 3.5mm jack to 3.5 mm jack cable would be much better.

I had a similar problem when I bought a 2.1 soundbar to go with a dot. But when I did get the 2 connected I didn't like the audio quality, and the sub didn't seem to be getting any sound, so I used a AUX jack lead and now the sound is perfect.

Also I found that the dot didn't wake the speakers very quickly when using bluetooth, don't have that problem with the sired connection as the sound is instant.

wanted to blue tooth speaker to sit out side with while the dot is indoors. The speaker itself is 5 out 5 for sound and has a bass boost setting.

Back