Am I the first to break A DM600?

Smokin..o0O

Inactive User
Reaction score
I tried to flash my 600 using Dreamup V1.3.0.2.
I used a null modem cable and a crossover ethernet cable.
Dreamup connected to the 600 with no problem, the flashloader was successfully sent to the DM600.
I pressed the FLASH button and selected the image file I wished to flash to the DM600.
The flash progress started and the progress bar/activity bar began to move.
Dreamup reported that it would take 28 minutes to complete the flash.
After 5 minutes, the progress bar had only filled about 5mm and dreamup reports 280 minutes remaining.
I let it run for 1 hour, but the progress bar did not move past 5 mm. I had no other option but to terminate dreamup.
I have used the same PC and cables with older versions of dreamup to flash images to DM500 boxes in the past and never had a problem, so I can think of no logical reason why this flash should have failed.

Is there anyway to force a flash on this box now or would it have to be returned to be repaired?
When trying to connect with dream up now it reports the box type and "Found injectible DCA at pos 219845", then an error box pops up with "ist kein gultiger integerwert".
I guess that's german for you are screwed

Just an update.
Altough the 600 seemed dead, after leaving it unpowered for 30 minutes or so, I connected it up again, and to the feed, and it's still working !.
It seems nothing was overwritten.
So I am back to square 1. I have FTA channels and hard drive installed, recording works fine.
Now I am afraid to try flashing a new image to it. :FRIGHT:

Hi again.
Been looking for another way to flash the 600 as I can no longer use dreamup.
This box has the factory supplied firmware and there is not much info around on this particular box. I have contacted the manufacturer regarding the flashing problem but as yet have had no reply.
Can anyone give any pointers?
Thanks.

Disable network inside dreamup and flash via nullmodem only.
Should take 30 to 40 minutes.

I can confirm this method works. It's what I used.

Disable network inside dreamup and flash via nullmodem only.
Should take 30 to 40 minutes.

Hi.
Since the first attempt to flash this box failed, and although it still functions in what seems a normal way as far as being a cable reciever goes, it seems to have a problem when it comes to flashing.
Dream up produces the same error or notification every time.
Network is not selected, connection is made on com1 only.
I hit connect in dream up, power up the 600 and dreamup reports
"Boxtype: DM600PVR"
"Found injectable DCA at pos 219845" then immediatley there's a popup box saying
"ist kein gultiger integerwert".
That's it, nothing else happens.

Set the com port speed to 115 400 in the device manager.

Last edited:
Set the com port speed to 115 400 in the device manager.

Thanks for the info.
I set com port speed, but it's still the same.
I get:
"COM: The hardware detected a break condition.
18:57:32 box type: DM600PVR

Found injectable DCA at pos 219845"

Then:
"ist kein gultiger integerwert".

Since the first flash failed, I am convinced there is a problem with this box.
I was hoping there was another not too difficult method of flashing that could possibly restore it with original firmware and sort out the communication problem that seems to exist.

There is something wrong with the com port at the pc. Maybe a other programm occupy rescources. Maybe a driver for seriell connection to a PDA or such thing else.

There is something wrong with the com port at the pc. Maybe a other programm occupy rescources. Maybe a driver for seriell connection to a PDA or such thing else.

Hi mgb.
Thank you for time.
I have tested dreamup on both a laptop that I have used to flash DM 500 boxes, and also my PC.
The com port is not in use on either of these computers by anything other than dreamup.
When dreamup reports COM: The hardware detected a break condition.

Found injectable DCA at pos 219845

this suggests to me that the connection has been mad and the PC identifies the box connected to it. If the com port was already in use, dreamup could not connect to detect which box is connected.
Thank you again for your time.
I am slowly starting to hate this DM600.

Deinstall dreamup and install a fresh download from dream multimedia.

Hi mgb.
Thank you for time.
I have tested dreamup on both a laptop that I have used to flash DM 500 boxes, and also my PC.
The com port is not in use on either of these computers by anything other than dreamup.
When dreamup reports COM: The hardware detected a break condition.

Found injectable DCA at pos 219845

this suggests to me that the connection has been mad and the PC identifies the box connected to it. If the com port was already in use, dreamup could not connect to detect which box is connected.
Thank you again for your time.
I am slowly starting to hate this DM600.
i think you have to use a new version of dreamup with the db600 m8

i was having similar problem with my dm600pvr-c. goes thruy the whole procees and and the end it fails to flash. so i contacted the place i bought it from and i have sent it back 2day for exchange. it looks like it has a fault with it.

i have tried to flash it a few times using both null and ethernet cable and only null takes about 30mins. goes thru the whole process and and at the end it fails.

i was having similar problem with my dm600pvr-c. goes thruy the whole procees and and the end it fails to flash. so i contacted the place i bought it from and i have sent it back 2day for exchange. it looks like it has a fault with it.

i have tried to flash it a few times using both null and ethernet cable and only null takes about 30mins. goes thru the whole process and and at the end it fails.

Hi.
I am sorry to hear of your problem, nothing worse than a new toy not behaving.
I am more fortunate than you it seems. My problem was resolved about 1 hour ago.
The problem did lie with the DM600, it seemed to be in a locked state which prevented dreamup gaining access to flash.
The "factory reset" option in the menu has finally cleared the problem and I have now been able to flash the box with The Gemini Project 3.50 DM600PVR.nfi.
I hope your problem is soon resolved.

Hi.
I am sorry to hear of your problem, nothing worse than a new toy not behaving.
I am more fortunate than you it seems. My problem was resolved about 1 hour ago.
The problem did lie with the DM600, it seemed to be in a locked state which prevented dreamup gaining access to flash.
The "factory reset" option in the menu has finally cleared the problem and I have now been able to flash the box with The Gemini Project 3.50 DM600PVR.nfi.
I hope your problem is soon resolved.

hope so dude its pissing me off.

Back