Sensible Topic Am i being disrespected or just over reacting

friendzi

DW Regular +
Reaction score
im looking for your thoughts on an issue i have at work

young colleague of 18, clever arse been there 13 months im 29 been there 5 years

he is constantly dumping shit on my desk, computer hardware etc... laughing and sniggering towards me, massively up my bosses arse, he has created a nickname for me which involves my last name. i walk into our shared office and he is always at my desk. (when he has his own). today i walked into the office and he didn't even get up out of my seat. i mean WTF!!!

Sometimes he can be alright but most of the time i wanna smack him in the nose. I get the impression that he has zero respect for me. i don't know where his attitude towards me has come from as ive always tried to be alright with him and teach him a few things that could help in his role at work.

Is this just the way kids are today? or am i over reacting. when i first started working there i wouldn't of dreamt of doing some of the things he does towards senior staff.

I was thinking of voicing my concerns to my boss to see if he can do anything

sorry for being vague

Thouhts

It sounds like typical youth disrespect tell him when he is the Manager you will indeed show him some respect. In the meantime tell him you have been there a lot longer than he has and he has a lot of catching up to do to be able to fill your job description. Don't take no rubbish from him friendzi if things get out of hand report him to the head manager. Good luck and remember bullying in workplaces or schools or anywhere in fact needs sorting out fast before it really gets out of hand.

In my day,yes I'm old,it would have been a quick chat outside with a few home truths told ;)

If you dont feel comfortable going down that route then document everything,take pictures of the stuff he dumps on your desk,take pictures of him lounging at your desk,and when you have enough go report him,

Bear in mind if you go down route 2 above be prepared for him trying a little pay back,so make sure you are always upto date with your work,have your back covered on anything your boss can fault you over,

Good luck :)

It's sounds like a power struggle and unfortunately mate we can all get sucked into them now and again not through choice.

If you think he'll take it seriously then have a word with him but you could be pissing in the wind. If not, then next time he goes to the toilet, give him a minute then follow him in and kick him squarely in the bollocks... not too hard but enough to floor the cheeky fooker and then express your concerns and how it's going to change. It sounds to me like no respect and this'll draw a line he won't cross again. If he reports you then just laugh and deny it as he'll have no witnesses and I gather it'll be totally out of character for you. Either way you should confront it one way or another as it's clearly getting to you (understandably) and it'll only continue eating you up inside. This may sound harsh but the exact same thing genuinely happened to me about 15 years ago - he was too embarrassed to report it and after about 6 months we actually became quite good friends, but the boundaries were always known.

Don't let it linger on you mate. Good luck.

Of course none of us condone violence in any shape or form m8 ;)

Follow him into the toilet and have a "friendly" word in his ear. He is young and needs pegging down and put in his place. Don't do nothing but choose wisely the route you take.

Thanks for the replys. I'd love to kick him in the bollocks but knowing my luck someone would walk in while I'm in mid swing. I think I'll have a word with him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replys. I'd love to kick him in the bollocks but knowing my luck someone would walk in while I'm in mid swing. I think I'll have a word with him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just make sure there is weight in your words,you owe him nothing m8

a whisper in there ear as to, if you carryin doing this i will and can sink you but your choice. if you wish i can help you discreetly and you wil rise up the management table. but to yourself think. i will help you sink and i will still be here.nod nod wink wink

@wiz569 I remember those days well M8! I had to move with the times but one thing never changed - sneaky is best ;)

Have with you a bottle of water and some tissues. When he's next sat at your desk take a casual swig and wander over, accidentally spill the water in his lap so it looks like he's p*ssed himself. Apologize profusely and offer the tissues.

As he gets up eyeball him and tell him how lucky he is it wasn't hot coffee.

Of course, as has been said, I couldn't condone violence but accidents happen :whistle:

Oh, if he takes a pop go down and create like fook ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
@wiz569 I remember those days well M8! I had to move with the times but one thing never changed - sneaky is best ;)

Have with you a bottle of water and some tissues. When he's next sat at your desk take a casual swig and wander over, accidentally spill the water in his lap so it looks like he's p*ssed himself. Apologize profusely and offer the tissues.

As he gets up eyeball him and tell him how lucky he is it wasn't hot coffee.

Of course, as has been said, I couldn't condone violence but accidents happen :whistle:

Oh, if he takes a pop go down and create like fook ;)

I could never do sneaky m8,always felt like I was stooping to their level ;)

Last edited:
Get it sorted NOW mate, one way or the other !!!

Sounds like this dick is screwing with your head really badly.

Everyone would like to get on with all of their work colleagues all of the time, but this simply doesn't happen, unfortunately !!

I take the view that you go to work to make money, not friends !! I work with a few arse licking prats and take shit from none of them. Maybe that's just my personal make up ?

Stand up for yourself mate.

Good luck

Easy to say about knocking the living sh1t out of him(got one cnut at work where workmates keep goading me to do so at work nights out, but it's not bullying in my case), but it's not the answer.

Bullying is the use of force, threat, or coercion to abuse, intimidate, or aggressively to impose domination over others. The behavior is often repeated and habitual. One essential prerequisite is the perception, by the bully or by others, of an imbalance of social or physical power. Behaviors used to assert such domination can include verbal harassment or threat, physical assault or coercion, and such acts may be directed repeatedly towards particular targets. Justifications and rationalizations for such behavior sometimes include differences of class, race, religion, gender, sexuality, appearance, behavior, strength, size or ability.[2][3] If bullying is done by a group, it is called mobbing.[4] "Targets" of bullying are also sometimes referred to as "victims" of bullying.

Bullying can be defined in many different ways. The UK currently has no legal definition of bullying,[5] while some U.S. states have laws against it.[6] Bullying consists of four basic types of abuse – emotional (sometimes called relational), verbal, physical, and cyber.[7] It typically involves subtle methods of coercion such as intimidation.

Bullying ranges from simple one-on-one bullying to more complex bullying in which the bully may have one or more "lieutenants" who may seem to be willing to assist the primary bully in his or her bullying activities. Bullying in school and the workplace is also referred to as peer abuse.[8] Robert W. Fuller has analyzed bullying in the context of rankism.

A bullying culture can develop in any context in which human beings interact with each other. This includes school, family, the workplace, home, and neighborhoods. In a 2012 study of male adolescent football players, "the strongest predictor was the perception of whether the most influential male in a player's life would approve of the bullying behavior".

Take note of the time and place of this ars0le's behaviour if flagging it up to management is not an option. But making management aware means they have a duty of care to their staff to stamp this sh1t out.

If management does nothing, you have a record of the time's the cnut is being basically a bully, and take it to Human Resorces.

Last edited:
Wiz mate, are you working with other people aswell?
If so gently inform them of these incidents that bother you, if their on the same level as you, they'll also get pissed off,knowing this effects you, if they havent noticed it already.
As the saying goes, give a guy enough rope & eventually he'll hang himself.....
Saying that, "the wheel always turns mate", its hard I know, to be patient but this little upstart will go running back to his mummies tit.....

Good luck mate!

Wiz mate, are you working with other people aswell?
If so gently inform them of these incidents that bother you, if their on the same level as you, they'll also get pissed off,knowing this effects you, if they havent noticed it already.
As the saying goes, give a guy enough rope & eventually he'll hang himself.....
Saying that, "the wheel always turns mate", its hard I know, to be patient but this little upstart will go running back to his mummies tit.....

Good luck mate!
Sorry to hear about your work problem as well wiz mate. :err:

Last edited:
FFS @wiz569 spill the beans mate we'll offer some advice :Laugh:
HH.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back