Alternatives to cyberlink

Jackel

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi can anyone point me in the right direction i am after any alternative software programmes that will play a bluray disc.

pioneer s02 to 1080p tv i have tried cyberlink 8 but it judders so to speak say every 3 secs thought i could try another programme unless anyone has any ideas why it is juddering/freezing.

little_pob

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
From a quick google, attempt to cure judder by...
  • checking the "Use Hardware Acceleration" box in powerDVD
  • If you can - and if your TV supports - it set a refresh rate which is a multiple of 24, i.e. 24Hz, 48Hz, 72Hz, 96Hz etc. (You might need to use powerstrip to set a custom resolution.)
There were some complex discussions regarding judder in many different programs and setups, but I cannot say I understood it enough to regurgitate here then offer advice should you have questions.

I know Munkey has powerDVD with powerstrip working on his setup...

Karym6 is currently building a HTPC, but I don't know what software he's got or if he's had chance to test it.

I tried using Nero 8 with the blu-ray plug in but get an HDCP error when using a DVI to HDMI, will try over VGA and let you know, but will probably end up going for powerDVD anyway.

Corel WinDVD 9 also provides BD and HD-DVD playback.

Munkey

DW Regular
Reaction score
Its going to be painful getting it all working correctly. This is the thread I used to get up and running

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=751319

It is very long, around 700 posts! or the PDVD 8 thread (no HD DVD support)

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1015475

If you need a hand with anything I may be able to help but getting HD DVD and BluRay to work correctly is a configuration nightmare. P DVD 7 may not support the HD codecs but as I dont have a AV Receiver yet I cannot test the output. I think this can be fixed though with some tweaking.

Jackel

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys some light reading me thinks lol.

TEST