Aldi Free-to-Air HD Satellite Kit £79.99

Bracket

Banned
Reaction score
ALDI - Thursday Special Buys 3rd June 2010

Get HD reception of Freesat channels (BBC and ITV) with this high definition satellite receiver. Stores up to 4000 channels. USB socket to enable recording to USB storage device (storage device not included).

Kit comprises:

* Remote control
* 45cm diameter satellite dish
* Dish wall fixings
* LNB with weatherboot
* 10m satellite cable
* 1m nickel plated HDMI cable
* LED satellite finder compass

I was having a look at this, I wonder if the 45cm dish was big enough ?

But considering the recieved can be turned into PVR just by adding a USB HDD that is a frigging cheap price.

considering the recieved can be turned into PVR just by adding a USB HDD that is a frigging cheap price.

yep, it is :proud: shame it's only two HD channels though. is there anymore freeview HD planned does anyone know?

lol ! my bad, thanks lads. today is the day i think ;) hope theyve got some still

this is supposed to be better @ b&q
£10 cheaper, 60cm dish and cables included.

hXXp://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.jsp?action=detail&fh_secondid=10877572&fh_view_size=10&fh_location=%2f%2fcatalog01%2fen_GB&fh_search=ross+satellite&fh_eds=%C3%9F&fh_refview=search&ts=1276190376570&isSearch=true

this is supposed to be better @ b&q
£10 cheaper, 60cm dish and cables included.

hXXp://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.jsp?action=detail&fh_secondid=10877572&fh_view_size=10&fh_location=%2f%2fcatalog01%2fen_GB&fh_search=ross+satellite&fh_eds=%C3%9F&fh_refview=search&ts=1276190376570&isSearch=true

be careful with this as if same as the ones they have in my local store they apparently do not have an epg (so it said on the box)

no generic fta reciever has an epg
they will only give you now and next info.

to get an epg you need an official freesat box (not a generic fta one)
one here for £68, but no dish included.
hXXp://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5321564/Trail/searchtext%3EFREESAT.htm

Last edited:
no generic fta reciever has an epg
they will only give you now and next info.

to get an epg you need an official freesat box (not a generic fta one)
one here for £68, but no dish included.
hXXp://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5321564/Trail/searchtext%3EFREESAT.htm

Sorry ... but I have a freeview box (about 2 years old) and gives me a 7 day epg .. unless have misread your reply ?

this is satellite, not freeview (terrestrial).

only SKY and freesat deliver a 7 day EPG.

All generic FTA satellite receivers only give now and next

this is satellite, not freeview (terrestrial).

only SKY and freesat deliver a 7 day EPG.

All generic FTA satellite receivers only give now and next

thanks for that you learn something new everyday, does anyone know if the dish is anygood im looking at this for my dad with a view of putting a dm500 to it eventually, cheers.

if you get a 60cm dish it's fine for SKY in all weather (bit bigger than a normal SKY zone 1 dish).
If you want more long term flexibility (other satellites) you need 80cm upwards.

Back