Airwick air freshener hack

lagigolo

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
If you have one of the new airwick fresheners you will see they have made the can slightly smaller to stop you buying cheaper/alternative versions. Also there is a sensor by the nozzle.

You need to save the nozzle from your old one as this has two black bars on it. Note where the original one sat in relation to the sensor at the left so you can fit in the same place later.

Now get some cutters, i used an old pair of side nose cutters and removed the plastic tray at the bottom where the original can would sit on. You have to pretty much take it all out. Don't worry about the cosmetic side as it won't be seen when all shut up. Now new larger can should fit in nicely. Check nozzle is aligned as per the original and away you go.

Should you be a bit too low just put something under the can, rolled up newspaper type thing to bring it to the height you want. Should you want to use originals again just look for something to put in there to bring it up to the correct height.

Really a principal thing and did like the smell of a non original one.

Really, hacking an air freshner, what's next dissecting beans so they last longer :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A hack is a hack no matter what the item is and if it saves money then even better:Clap:

Really a principal thing and did like the smell of a non original one.

I have the old ones, about two years old, with the yellow/amber led movement senser near the base.

I used to pick up the compatible refills from Tesco of all places, were meant for a small cheap air freshener but they fit perfectly well.

Can only seem to find them in the likes of pound shops, etc.. Do any of you know of any good outlets for picking these cheapo alternatives up?

Just measured one and it is approx 59mm tall, from top of large round flange below nozzle, and 22mm in diameter, just for the tech heads :roflmao:

The non originals i am using are the full size ones, 117mm by 66mm, but they sell these type in Poundstretcher and Asda, so they may sell yours in there.

Can confirm Tesco have sold out and don't sell any copies.

Back