Afterlife Axed

Rat

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
D344724E-ACCD-4CCC-A126-2CF527B42665.jpg

Supernatural drama Afterlife has been axed by ITV1, scuppering hopes of a third season.

Afterlife had developed a loyal following over its two seasons, but recent programmes such as Britain’s Got Talent have been a far greater draw for viewers. A spokeswoman for ITV paid tribute to the axed show: "Afterlife did a fantastic job for us bringing a very different type of audience to Saturday nights.”

Murray Ferguson of Clerkenwell Films, who made the series, told Broadcast: "The BBC schedule is putting a lot of pressure on ITV to follow suit on Saturday nights and it certainly looks like light entertainment will form a key part of ITV's strategy for that slot."

Ferguson added: "I think the end of the second series was quite a neat ending but it was by no means seen as a conclusion of the series."

Fooking typical!!

I don't watch much TV but I got interested in this and enjoyed it, once again tv providers are scrapping quality (expensive) dramas in favour of cheap reality tv, fooking disgrace.

:(

Agreed !

Unfortunately it says a lot for the intelligence of the average Brit that they can be conned into wathcing this pap and actually thinking its good tv !

Thankyou vm for providing an interesting hobby so that I dont actually have to watch tv !

Yep agree with you guys, looked forward to this, and now it's fooking stopped!!! Bit like life on mars as well. Just startin to get into it and they are plugged!!

Damn stupid no-talent shows!!

JohnO.

I cant agree more all this fooking so'called reality shit were the viewer pays them by phoning in !! how stupid are the public FFS.

Hmmm

I totally agree that there is a load pap invading our TV screens on a Saturday evening.This afront to intelligence is forcing us sadly (?) to avoid it by going to the pub/cinema/restaurant . :eater:

I also believe that the majority of the offerings on the TV in general need to be put into a medium size porcelain container and flushed away....

However, the Afterlife series did leave a great deal to be desired of in accuracy.

Why would I say that?.......well, would being a Medium help to explain?

Last edited:
Back