There's been a Murder

RAB - P

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Broadcaster ITV has axed the popular Scottish police drama Taggart.

It has decided not to commission any further series of STV's flagship drama for the ITV network.

The series sees DCI Matt Burke, played by Alex Norton, head up investigations into crime in Glasgow.

When the latest series of the hit show premiered on STV last year, it had an average 33% audience share.

A spokeswoman for STV confirmed ITV had decided not to commission any further series of the drama.

She said: "STV is exploring a range of options for Taggart with a number of broadcasters.

"We are committed to the brand and recognise the continuing popularity of this long-running series."

A spokesman for the show's distributor DRG said: "Taggart is a hugely-popular series internationally.

"For example, it is aired across three different TV channels in Australia and the most recent seasons have achieved their best reception yet.

"It's our shared ambition to return Taggart to UK screens and we can confirm we're currently working closely with STV as we explore options to achieve this."

I will be well happy to see the back of that programme,was well bad in my opinion

to tell you the truth I have not really watched it for ages. they once rented my sisters house of her for an episode. preffered the original with Mark McManus..

should have axed it when mark mcmanus died ,hate it when they drag these series on and on ,i heard they're on about doing a young morse give it a rest .

Back