after a scooter

big-ron

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hi guys, thought this would be the best place to put it, if not please move,
im looking for a 100cc or 125cc for work as a 50cc would not be fast ennough i think, only looking at 350-400 and have some MOT, i have looked in the normal places with no joy, any ideas the best place to look?

im going work monday-friday stuck in traffic only going about 20 mile round trip but its killing on fuel as its stop start like most ppl.

also i know i need to take the crt test, and as im fully comp on my car, can i ride the scooter as TP only?

cheers

alos is there anything else i need to know?

i would double check your insurance covers you
the way i understand the law is if your fully comp with intitlement to drive other cars third party, the other car cant be yours and also needs to be insured

CBT is about £100 ish

bike insurence (depending on age ) can be about £15 to about £50

)im on a 125 motobike on drivers licence works out £45 a month for a 09 CBF125

gumtree or ebay would be best bet for your bike.. all i will say is make sure you keep it maintained

oil/water/chain lube.. (depending on model)

and believe me once you have started riding you wuill want to make the change to a full bike licence

you would need separate insurance for the scooter m8, depending on who does you car insurance if they do bike insurance too you can try and get a 5 wheel deal, it like you cant drive both at same time.

cost i have no idea, i have had full bike license for over 10 years, have a px200 and my insurance is summit like £90 fully comp.

your road tax for a 125 or upto 25Kw is only £15 if it more than 25Kw its like £33 i think.

ok im getting my little scooter on saturday :banana::banana: its a SUKIDA VIPER SCOOTER 125cc 4 months old 8 months tax 2k miles got it for £600, cant wait to get it, ive got a full car lenice for about 16 years now, do i still have to do the cbt test? also if i put the scooter in.. say my wifes name, could i ride it under the TP rule?

sorry for all thwe questions

ronnie

Hi Ron
If you have it in someone elses name, it still needs to be insured by them. But on saying that! I once got off with the charge of no insurance (in court) doing it the way you say.
But I would not risk it again :)..and you still need to take the CBT.

Also I think you are obliged to take / pass your full bike test within 2 years, or you lose the right to ride it for a while after????

Last edited:
the cbt has to be done every 2 years and shouldnt cost more than 130, but in my opinion u shouldnt go for anything other than a honda, suzuki, yamaha or peugeot, easy to get parts and repairs done

just got in and passed my cbt :) its bloody cold out there :( now to find some cheap insurance

just got in and passed my cbt :) its bloody cold out there :( now to find some cheap insurance

Try MCE insurance mate :) they are pretty good on bike cover.

Steer clear of bennetts.... had bad experience with them as have many others

Ride safe and keep it shinny side up :)

Try MCE insurance mate :) they are pretty good on bike cover.

Steer clear of bennetts.... had bad experience with them as have many others

Ride safe and keep it shinny side up :)

just been on mcn and the cheapist one at Bikesure is 132.00 TPF&F not bad :)

just been on mcn and the cheapist one at Bikesure is 132.00 TPF&F not bad :)

where are you storing the bike, if you can garage it then I found I got a fairly big discount for that.

Also make sure you get a decent lock and lock it to something, loads of scooter go missing as they can just be picked up and put in a van in 10 secs

Back