after a cctv camera

Hi m8 when you say connected by ethernet cable I take it the cams are IP. Can you post the model number of your recorder if possible.

When I say the 'ethernet cable' what I am really saying is that the installer used the ethernet cable but only used two out of the 10 wires from the cable. I have always understood the IP camers as the type you hook into your home network and then can access the camera via your pc. I have hooked up my DVR which is a model Apollo Zeus MK2 4 channel DVR into my home network and the tv so I can view the cameras. I have also setup a dyndns host so that when we are not at home its still possible to view the cameras through the internet.

Ah I see, then you are stuck with a 4 cam system. But you could always move one of the cameras to the porch as the intended target will be very close to the camera you would get a good image. Failing that there is free software available for a pc that can take either a web cam or an IP camera and record directly to your pc on motion detection.

Back