After A Bit Of Advice...Please?

ballou83

Inactive User
Reaction score
Evening all,

I'm completely new to all this, and really just after some advice to guide me in the right direction; I apologise if I ask anything dumb. I'm also not too sure how much I can say on these boards, so again, apologies if I sound like I'm talking in riddles here...

Basically, I cancelled our "extortionate tv subscription" and I am now looking for a Skybox in order to watch the football from Aug 17th.

I have no idea where to start, I know I need a box and a gift, but that's about as much as I know, so;

1.) I live in an apartment block with a communal dish; will this be a problem?
2.) Skybox F5 or Skybox F3?...We would like to be able to record/pause and I have a 2TB Hard drive, but not sure what else we would need.
3.) What other stuff we would need, ie coaxial lead, USB, software etc and where to find a good guide to set it all up.
4.) Where to find a quality gift... that isn't eBay. I have seen heavy player in action, and this is pretty much what I am after, but they are full.

I appreciate any help from you guys, and will do my best to give something back when I eventually have enough knowledge to contribute adequately. Cheers.

Also, if I have written anything sensitive on here, feel free to delete or edit MODS. Cheers.

Back