Advice please

lordhaha

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys can I pick your brains (not savy)

I have a VU Duo from 2010 and have not upgraded anything at all. I guess its still running on original software. The black hole version is 1.0.0 (2010)

Can you guys run me thru the order in which I have to upgrade and also where to find the updates. I am ok with FTP.

Sorry about my ignorance but the EPG has been faultering as well as slow reactions and response times. I can only guess it needs the software and BH updating.

Help would be appreciated

thanks

Hi guys can I pick your brains (not savy)

I have a VU Duo from 2010 and have not upgraded anything at all. I guess its still running on original software. The black hole version is 1.0.0 (2010)

Can you guys run me thru the order in which I have to upgrade and also where to find the updates. I am ok with FTP.

Sorry about my ignorance but the EPG has been faultering as well as slow reactions and response times. I can only guess it needs the software and BH updating.

Help would be appreciated

thanks

If its an original (should be at that age) i would put the latest vix image on (in downloads) and rats channel update plugin (in downloads) and set up cross epg.

have a read through the vu section and you will find all you need to know. Any question then ask away mate

IANB - thanks for the reply.

Can I simply place the VIX image on without removing Black hole and will the latest VIX version run on my old software? I am not sure how to update the VU software?

Can I simply place the VIX image on without removing Black hole and will the latest VIX version run on my old software? I am not sure how to update the VU software?

Vu boxes flash off the usb sticks. You may have to flash the latest bootloader before flashing vix 3 like i say all the required info can be found in the vu section

You'll probably need to flash/update the bootloader. You can get the latest bootloader and image from WoS.

yeah mate ...just pop the bootloader onto a usb pen ...restart the duo and let the bootlaoder install...
then u can do the exact same process but with the vix image on the pendrive ) its pretty straightforward really mate

no probs i have put both the DUO and SOLO bootloaders in the download section

im trying to put the newest images in there but keep getting error too large ?

Last edited:
no probs i have put both the DUO and SOLO bootloaders in the download section

im trying to put the newest images in there but keep getting error too large ?

Thanks m8

I had the same problem with an image over 50MB the other day as well,must get Mick to check the limit

Thanks m8

I had the same problem with an image over 50MB the other day as well,must get Mick to check the limit

yeah the VU images are around 40 meg mate , as soon as thats sorted i will upload all the new ones

Back