Advice please - Blade 7000 or Vu+ Solo

piemagic

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi, thanks for looking in.
Im hoping to upgrade my sat box soon and with the budget i have im finding it difficult to choose between the blade 7000 and the Vu+ Solo, I currently have a TM500 Super and i have always struggled to get the EPG to work properly so a good EPG is important to me, I plan on using it as a pvr for the odd recording but nothing to heavy. One feature i do like about the TM500 S but isn't essential is that i can stream the picture to my laptop which is useful as i only have a single lnb. Another feature i like about the TM500 S is the loopthrough, again very useful as i only have single lnb. I believe the Blade has loopthrough but the Vu+ doesn't. I have seen the Vu+ Solo for about £185 so i am looking at £35 more for the Vu+ Solo which i don't mind if i think the box justifies the extra dollar!
Anyway i would appreciate your opinions on both these boxes, the good and the bad. Hopefully it will help me make a decision.

Many thanks
Pie

Solo anyday with all the advantages of a linux box. Blade 7000 only supports CCcam client and is closed sourced.

Thanks mate, i decided to spend the extra and get a vu+ Solo, read alot of good things about them, can't wait till it arrives.

think you can also use the blade as server

Afraid you cannot as it has been mentioned its a closed source box unlike any E2 linux receiver, As far as i am aware there is only the Spiderbox that is able to be used as a server and that is limited to Newcamd

Last edited by a moderator:
Back