active sync 4.5 installation problem

krai

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,
I am trying to install activesync 4.5 on my pc but it doesn`t install I get the following error:

There is a problem with this Windows installer package. A DLL required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor`

I am currently on 4.2 which works but I need 4.5 as this is the version compatible with wm6.
I have tried installing over 4.2, uninstalling 4.2 and then 4.5 and also tried 4.5 beta and still get the same error message.

Any help would be appreciated as i want update my vario 2 to windows mobile 6 but can`t until I can install 4.5.

thanks
K

Hi,
I am trying to install activesync 4.5 on my pc but it doesn`t install I get the following error:

There is a problem with this Windows installer package. A DLL required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor`

I am currently on 4.2 which works but I need 4.5 as this is the version compatible with wm6.
I have tried installing over 4.2, uninstalling 4.2 and then 4.5 and also tried 4.5 beta and still get the same error message.

Any help would be appreciated as i want update my vario 2 to windows mobile 6 but can`t until I can install 4.5.

thanks
K

Remove Windows Installer from Add/Remove Programs and re-install it from the Microsoft website?

ok I `ll try that tommorrow as its my PC at the office that has the problem.
I will post the outcome here.

cheers
K

Thanks for that, it worked in that the PC in question did not have windows installer installed at all. So as you advised I installed from the windows website and active sync 4.5 then installed.

thanks again for yor help as i have been messing around with this for weeks.

Back