Acer n35

Highlander

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
i have just got myself an Acer n35 and it had Destinator on it, version 4 i think, i can't remember now cos i uninstalled it lol.

anyway, i installed destinator 6 and i can't get th eGPS to pick up a GPS signal, so it wont navigate.

i uninstalled this, and installed TomTom6, same again, can't get a GPS signal.

the LED lights/flashes blue when i lift the GPS flip thingy at the back.

any ideas what i may be doing wrong. or what the setting should be regarding baud rate etc.....

p.s. i have stood outside for 10 mins with it, to try and pick up signal. no luck.

I have one mate, takes ages for getting a signal....I use an external reciever which plugs into the side of the acer.......also go to settings in the tomtom menu and choose antenna on reciever this should fix it and play around with baud rates

got it working.

i stuck it in cradle in car, and drove round for a bit, luckily i knew where i was going lol.

then it just picked up loads of sattelites and started working.

now i just need to find out how to add more voices to it.

dont let the batteries go flat or you will lose tomtom & have to install it all again this has happened to me twice now so make sure you keep some charge in it

now i just need to find out how to add more voices to it.

done it, got some new voices now.

also, i want peter kay voice if anyone has it.

also again lol, is there a way to make voices louder..........(don't anyone dare say, turn volume up LOL)

dont let the batteries go flat or you will lose tomtom & have to install it all again this has happened to me twice now so make sure you keep some charge in it

If you connect to your PC with activesync do a full backup to the PC, then if the battery dies or the internal memory gets corrupted it's a very simple job to restore everything - been doing this with PDA's for years :)

I've got my whole soft on SD card. When reset is done after battery has died, it just re-install auto.
Ciao

Back