Acer Laptop Problem

Sumphucker

Member ++
Reaction score
Ok this one's got me stumped. A m8 has an Acer 5332 with Vista Home Premium installed and has a problem with AHCI in the BIOS. Whenever he switches it on it loads fine but sits for about 5 mins with the Microsoft logo showing and the liitle bar racing across the screen then it reboots itself. I went into the BIOS and switched from AHCI to IDE and Windows loaded fine. I updated to the latest BIOS for his model, all up to date with the updates etc and it's fine if you reboot the machine BUT if you switch it off then back on it reverts to AHCI and we're back at stage 1 again. I found a registry hack on MS website for AHCI related problem/s and applied that but it didn't help. I was thinking of scrubbing it and putting it to either Xp or Win7 but not sure if this would help. Any thoughts?

Ok this one's got me stumped. A m8 has an Acer 5332 with Vista Home Premium installed and has a problem with AHCI in the BIOS. Whenever he switches it on it loads fine but sits for about 5 mins with the Microsoft logo showing and the liitle bar racing across the screen then it reboots itself. I went into the BIOS and switched from AHCI to IDE and Windows loaded fine. I updated to the latest BIOS for his model, all up to date with the updates etc and it's fine if you reboot the machine BUT if you switch it off then back on it reverts to AHCI and we're back at stage 1 again. I found a registry hack on MS website for AHCI related problem/s and applied that but it didn't help. I was thinking of scrubbing it and putting it to either Xp or Win7 but not sure if this would help. Any thoughts?

As far as I can remember that, whatever the original setting was when windows was installed is what you need to use as windows installs stuff relevant to the settings.

Back