Acekard 2i clone

stuartpot

New Member ++
Reaction score
I bought 3 of these from price angels by mistake, have used genuine acekards before and found them to be very good. when i was asked to get some for a friend i thought i was buying the same cards, but unfortunatly when you put the latest firmware on them it just jams up with an error message saying its a clone. Has anyone modified the original firmware so that it works on a clone yet?:err:

no m8, but you could salvage summit from them.
when youi say firmware are you talking about the akaio 1.8.7 firmware or card update?

i had a clone back in feb and i had the same message as you but i put on the update file and put it into my dsi and it updated and worked fine . ps it woulnt update in a ds lite though witch is strange . luck of the draw i think mate

i had a clone back in feb and i had the same message as you but i put on the update file and put it into my dsi and it updated and worked fine . ps it woulnt update in a ds lite though witch is strange . luck of the draw i think mate
miffew there is always two differnt update files, one for updating on ds and one for updating on dsi...

the file for updating on ds ask's you to uninsert/reinsert card then press A

the file for updating on dsi just asks you to press start to do update.

cheers mate i didnt know there was two update files . Guess you learn somthing everyday

what file did you use i cant get it to flash on either dsl or dsi, just stays at 0% ive never had this problem before

but what version of firmware are you using, i tried using akaio 1.7 but had no joy

im on akaio 1.8.7.

it shouldn't matter what version firmware you are using, what is happening when you try to update?

have youy tried updating on dslite?

AK2i 1.85 clone It took me 2 days of trolling chinese sites to find this software price angels wouldnt return my emails :mad:(

View attachment 59980

i can give you an email addy of one of there "customer support"lol team if you want.

they contacted me after i slated them on a few forums, you might get summit out them.....

im on akaio 1.8.7.

it shouldn't matter what version firmware you are using, what is happening when you try to update?

have youy tried updating on dslite?

When I tried on ds lite it keeps saying eject the card and on a dsi it gets to 5% and just hangs

on the dslite you have to unsinsert then reinsert card and press "a".

if its a clone it wont update...

was it clones you bought from priceangels or did you ask for originals and receive clones?

on the dslite you have to unsinsert then reinsert card and press "a".

if its a clone it wont update...

was it clones you bought from priceangels or did you ask for originals and receive clones?

Yea they are clones, I bought them by mistake I should have read it the description properly, now all I'm trying to do is get them all working so I won't be out of pocket, why is it when you do favours for people it comes back to bite you on the butt. Lol

lol
do they not work at all on a dslite with the akaio1.8.7 firmware on?

lol
do they not work at all on a dslite with the akaio1.8.7 firmware on?

nope on 1.8.7 you just get a clone 3 message that will not clear, just tried the other version AK1.85 clone as posted by jooooles but i get a different clone message that you can clear by pressing the a button. but when you try to load it just says loading and thats all it does. think i'm just gonna give these up as a bad joke :(

try this firmware on your card in a dslite,
View attachment AKAIO_v1.8.1.rar

if it loads, use an old rom for testing,
this is the firmware that would have been used when your card was made, so should work.. (maybe lol)

try this firmware on your card in a dslite,
View attachment 59982

if it loads, use an old rom for testing,
this is the firmware that would have been used when your card was made, so should work.. (maybe lol)

Fantastic, works a charm and plays the latest roms. The clones must have already been flashed though cuz I tried it straight in a dsi and it ran flawlessly. That must have been why i wasn't able to flash it. Thanks ever so much for all your help, I think I will have to be a bit more careful with what I buy in the future!

nice one...

it might not play the very latest roms,
if you get a problems with specific roms give us a shout.. :)

and tell who ever you give the cards to not to update the console in the future, as you wont be able to update these clones

Last edited:
Back