ABcom IPbox 9000HD

khan

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi all

as any1 bought the above machine and got comments, mine is comming 2morrow, waited 4 dm8000 but took the plung to by this after nearly 2 year.

any coments thank in advance

I dunno anything about it mate, sorry, but I'm keen to learn about it, does the HD stand for High Def or Hard Drive, and how much are they going for?

oooh, and are they Linux based?

I'm going to treat myself to a High Def box this summer. :)

Do they support Dual Tuners mate?

I'd love to get rid of my cable Dbox2 and jsut use the one machine for all of it.

Do they support Dual Tuners mate?

I'd love to get rid of my cable Dbox2 and jsut use the one machine for all of it.

looking at the back of it does.................look very left of the pic of the back plate it looks like it says tune1 and tune2 next to it.

i'd imagine you'd have to add emu and narga roms for cable etc manually

hi all

yes hi-def
plug and play tuners s/c/t
can have hard disk

the only thing at the which is different from dm8000 is it does not have dvd burners.

and it seems they are selling like hot cake

cable and tv tuners at mo out of stock

will keep u guys posted

How much are they selling for?

Abcom is more familiar to some by their previous name- Relook.
Its good hardware but at the moment the firmware & support is a problem. Dgstation (developers) also released a statement yesterday saying that because this box has many licences for hdmi, hdcp, dolby, mp3 etc, that means they are not able to violate regulations with regard to open source for the main chips, ie software development will not be 'open' like with dreambox ~not open source. Dgstation are well known for linux firmware development as relooks were the main rival for dreambox, so this receiver showed good promise. But now everyone is unsure since there is still no working emu, some continuing firmware problems, plus a statement saying they arent able to give what we want!
This is the same problem with the Kathrein Hi-Def linux box, great hardware but no emulation software development.
The Ipbox costs 599 Euros here- http://www.satking.de/product_info....=994&kendola=9a6d53192bc05e7ac77c6bbea86102a4

The dreambox 800 will be available by the end of this month and I think you can order from main distributor here now- http://www.visiontec.tv/
We will have to see what happens soon as more develops.

hi all

as any1 bought the above machine and got comments, mine is comming 2morrow, waited 4 dm8000 but took the plung to by this after nearly 2 year.

any coments thank in advance

Abcom is more familiar to some by their previous name- Relook.
Its good hardware but at the moment the firmware & support is a problem. Dgstation (developers) also released a statement yesterday saying that because this box has many licences for hdmi, hdcp, dolby, mp3 etc, that means they are not able to violate regulations with regard to open source for the main chips, ie software development will not be 'open' like with dreambox ~not open source. Dgstation are well known for linux firmware development as relooks were the main rival for dreambox, so this receiver showed good promise. But now everyone is unsure since there is still no working emu, some continuing firmware problems, plus a statement saying they arent able to give what we want!
This is the same problem with the Kathrein Hi-Def linux box, great hardware but no emulation software development.
The Ipbox costs 599 Euros here- http://www.satking.de/product_info....=994&kendola=9a6d53192bc05e7ac77c6bbea86102a4

The dreambox 800 will be available by the end of this month and I think you can order from main distributor here now- http://www.visiontec.tv/
We will have to see what happens soon as more develops.

looks like khan is after throwing away 600 quid!

Well I still hold some hope but it just may take a long while. The price is only about £400-ish but at least it does provide hdmi and upscaling, and you can use a cam with it. So maybe not a total waste, but it is a lot of money and i would wait just a little longer.
The dreambox will not have hdmi so they wont be tied by the same regulations & agreements, but what I dont understand is how come the technomates have hdmi licence & regulations but also get away with emulation software available for it?

i can see where u guys coming from i have been using an old srt4375 strong receiver about 10 years old.
i am using dragon cam. with srt i could not program my cam . every time i wanted to program my cam using loader i had to put it in my pc sat card.

i would loved to get dm8000 but got pi**ed of waiting
2 years a looooooooooooooooong time in waiting.

i thought might as well make use of the dragon

Whats the cheapest HD satellite box that will work with CCcam?

Bought a SkyStar HD about 2 weeks ago and its been sold off on ebay total waste on £50!! managed to sell it for £51 but after postage im still at a loss

********TUM the dm800 is the only one that springs to mind if you want to use CCcam direct. If your a dreambox (or clone) man then its the obvious choice.

I know there is the Kathrein UFS 910 HD and there is a rumour of CCcam supporting this in the next release but its all to much speculation for me. The dm800 supports it now an it can only get better. I have also seen emails from china saying the have the dm800 clones ready to ship.

Si

clones!! if there noticably cheaper then i want one of them!! got a dm500s (eagle) clone and it works a treat

any respectable sites selling them or stating to have them soon?

I have also seen emails from china saying the have the dm800 clones ready to ship.

Si

You can't make a statement like that and leave us all here in suspense! :tongue:

Was it one of the chinese manufactuers where we got our 500c clones from last year? Bryant? Peng?

Cheers.

You can't make a statement like that and leave us all here in suspense! :tongue:

Was it one of the chinese manufactuers where we got our 500c clones from last year? Bryant? Peng?

Cheers.

Here, here, would love to know this as well please?

Didn't want to come across all cryptic, thought it might have been common knowledge that the factories in china will have a cloned box out shortly after the dm800.
http://www.yywgroup.com/en/productlei.asp?le=36

And a snippet of an email

Dreambox series Sample Price(shenzhen):
Dreambox DM100-S USD48/pcs
Dreambox DM500-S,-T,-C, USD65/pcs,
Dreambox DM600-C,-S, USD165/pcs,
Dreambox DM800HD-S, USD470/pcs,
Dreambox DM7020-S,-C, USD260/pcs,

Order FOB shenzhen Price: (MOQ:300pcs-1000pcs)
Dreambox DM100-S USD29-32/pcs (stock)
Dreambox DM500-S,-T,-C, USD50-52/pcs, (stock)
Dreambox DM600-C,-S, USD130-135/pcs, (stock)
Dreambox DM7020-C,-S, USD205-207/pcs, (stock)
Dreambox DM800HD-S, USD430-450/pcs, (No stock,We can give you samples tested in mid-July,
You need to wait for two months, because we have very much European customers to buy.)

I visit quite a few forums and pick up snippets of info here and there and try pass this info back. But as with anything todo with satellite theres alot of gossip that comes with it.

Si

Im not sure if thats good for a dm800 or not as it works out about 235 then your postage on top of that not sure about import but i would say that would not be to fare of the £311 mark i got my 800 for and its a real one with a years cover on all parts if it works out you only save a couple of pounds i would have a good think about it

I was also talking to a one of the dealers and he said the factories were having a lot of probs doing a copy one was to do with the cost of it and also probs with one of the chips dont know how much of it was true mind you but thats what he said

Last edited:
I agree with you totally, individual buyers like you and me its not going to be worth it. But maybe volume buyers will get a better deal only time will tell.

Si

Back