A/V connection for Xbox one

wiz569

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Guys is there any way to connect an older TV to this console?

Son only has an older HD ready TV which only has scart ,dvi ( 640 x 480 ) or composite connections ,cheaper the better ;)

Have a feeling he is going to have to upgrade his TV though :(

DVI doesn't support sound though. You'd have to find a way to get audio out to the tv.

@wiz569 Not much of a gamer & my on-site expert is in bed as he's got school in the morning but would this help?
"GOLD HDMI TO DVI CABLE HDMI LEAD 1080 CABLES SCART" Christmas Stocking Filler | eBay
More suggestions in the 'Also viewed' on that item.
HH.

DVI only gives a resolution of 640 x 480,and no sound although there is a sound socket on both Xbox and TV,so that would work if the resolution wasn't so bad :(

I feel bad as its the first thing he has ever saved up for himself and I never thought to check outputs as I'm not a console user

Last edited by a moderator:
hi wiz

i might have some cables at home i can look for.would the hd phono cables be any good the blue,yellow,green,red,white which you fit into a scart connetor.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

hi wiz

i might have some cables at home i can look for.would the hd phono cables be any good the blue,yellow,green,red,white which you fit into a scart connetor.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Cheers m8 but need to get this sorted today :(

Doesn't seem to be any cables in my locality and I'm not convinced they would work,especially seeing as how the dvi connection is limited to 640 x 480 ,

Time to bite the bullet and fork out for a TV/monitor combo :(

What a fecking day,

Decide to bite the bullet and buy a new TV,which I might add he is paying for,after forking out for his Xbox One already,

So trawl through page after page of TV's looking for something that will have the necessary connections to accommodate all his original gear plus the Xbox One,and eventually find this,which is at the top of his non-existent budget,

Buy Samsung UE22ES5000 22 Inch Full HD 1080p Freeview LED TV. at Argos.ie

So off we go to collect,about 10 miles away to the nearest Argos store that had it in stock,and another 10 miles back home,

Unpack it only to find that the afore mentioned DVI connection is actually a HDMI/DVI socket,and no adapter in the box,not to mention it would mean having to plug/unplug every time he switched between PC and Xbox,

Silver lining in the end though as it did have a VGA connection which gives a resolution of 1920 x 1080,didn't realise VGA went that high,so that the PC connection sorted,eventually,

Xbox One into the HDMI and we are rocking,smiles all round :)

Thanks for all the help and suggestions guys its appreciated

Back