A Major Earthquake Hits Sunderland

chris1975

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
A major earthquake registering 5.8 on the Richter scale hit in the early hours of the morning of Saturday, 18th October 2003.

The epicentre was Hylton, Sunderland.

Victims were seem wandering around aimlessly, muttering "Fockin' Mentil" and "lnnit" The earthquake decimated the area causing £30.00 worth of damage. Several priceless collections of mementos from the Balearics and Spanish Costa’s were damaged beyond repair. Three historic areas of burned out cars were disturbed and many locals were awakened well before their Giros arrived.

Wearside News agencies report that hundreds of residents were confused and bewildered, still trying to come to terms with the fact that something interesting had happened in the area.

One resident, Tracy Sharon Smith, a 15 year old mother of 5 said, "It was such a shock; my little Chardonnay Mercedes came running into my bedroom crying. My youngest two, our Tyler Morgan and our Megan Storm just slept through it. I was still shaking when I was watching Kilroy the following morning."
Apparently, looting, mugging and car crime did carryon as normal. The British Red Cross has so far managed to ship 4000 crates of Sunny Delight to the area to help he stricken locals. Rescue workers are still searching through rubble and have found large quantities of personal belongings, which include 'Benefit Books', jewellery from 'Elizabeth Duke at Argos' and bone china from 'Poundland'

How Can You Help?

This appeal is to raise money for food and clothing parcels for those unfortunate to be caught in this disaster. Clothing is most sought after and the most needed items include; 'Fila' or 'Burberry' baseball caps, 'Kappa' tracksuit tops (His & Hers), Shell Suits (Female), white sport socks, Rockport Boots and any other articles normally sold in 'Primark'

Food parcels may be harder to come by, but are desperately needed all the same. Required foodstuffs include' Microwave Meals', tins of Baked Beans, Ice cream & cans of 'Colt 45' or 'Special Brew'

22p Buys a biro for filling in compensation forms
£2.00 Buys chips and blue fizzy pop for a family of 9
£5.00 Will pay for a packet of B&H and lighter to calm the nerves of the affected.

Please do not send tents for Shelter, as the sight of posh housing is unfair on the population of neighbouring areas of Pennywell, Townend Farm and West Boldon.

Thank You

rrfpmsl

The Mackem said:
Trust a Geordie supporter to do something like this.

FTM.

Rob.

well what can i say m8 a Geordie Supporter living in pennysmell which is part of the place they call mackem land.

I just had to do summit to make it worth my while living in this town.

rrflmao

Could have been worse. You could have come from Southwick like myself. But alas I escaped and now live in Gloucester.

lol

sooner live here in pennysmell than bloody southwick
no the wonder you left

lmao

Back