95 % SNR plus missing channels

not2bad

Inactive User
Reaction score
I've read most of the post's regarding low and high signals but none of them really answer my question.

I've two different boxes, a BER of 0 and a SNR that ranges from 93-95.

I recieve pretty much all the channels bar channel 5 and ITV4. ITV4 shows chelsea sometimes and Channel5 if i'm bored i used to watch fifth gear !

I know you can manually add channels, but i believe the frequencies are different for each area ?

Ive tried using a 10db atten to lower the signal if it was too strong (takes to about 94) and without it lives at 95.

Can anyone think of anything i can try to pick these channels up. I have also tried a rescan with and without the attenuator.

My SNR is 96%.

You could try a booster. Some transponders are weaker than others. Because you get 95% on one transponder, you might not on another.

some channels it is 96 on. But i take your point regarding different transponders.

Is there a way to manually add the channels at all ? Do they have default frequencies ? And it there a list somewhere that says which channels are 'grouped' together on which transponder ?

Thanks !!! :Wave:

you could try network scan or bruteforce scan.

am in surrey ex c/w i think. Always use the bruteforce option when scanning.

:Bounce:

Do a Manual Transponder Scan

Frequency: 00666MHz
Modulation: 64-QAM
FEC: Auto
Symbol Rate: 06952
Use ONIT: tick
Use BAT: tick
network search: tick

Start scan.

That should pick up everything.

If it doesn't, unrar and copy the attached cables.xml file to /var/etc. Reboot and do an Automatic Transponder Scan again.

I still think you have a low signal and a signal booster will cure it.

Last edited:
Thanks for the help devilfish will give it a go !

I would just like to say thanks to Devilfish for the above post it works a treat picks up the one missing transponder and now i have my missing channels.

I would advise anyone with missing channels to give this a whirl

Start scan.

That should pick up everything.

by doing the above it should find any missing transponders (signal permitting) (mine was one) and then i did a rescan which found another few channels.

Obviously substitute 6952 for 6887 is necessary.

Thanks Again !

Not quite!

666MHz is for ex-c&w only.

The frequency will be different for ex-tw and ex-ntl depending on your netid.

Ex-c&w is standard for the whole country so that's easy.

619MHz is a good one to try on ex-tw.

Not quite!

666MHz is for ex-c&w only.

The frequency will be different for ex-tw and ex-ntl depending on your netid.

Ex-c&w is standard for the whole country so that's easy.

619MHz is a good one to try on ex-tw.

i am on ntl and have a similar problem, i am southern and would like to try this manual scan option, just to rule out everything but low signal out, despite using two boosters do you know what frequencies i should try for ex-ntl south uk thanx :)

Probably a stupid question, but when I do a scan I get the channels found and the EPG
listing appears but I just get a blank screen (apart from epg info etc), and get a message along the lines of
'service could not be found' Is this the same issue, am I just not boosting the signal enough?

Ta,
M

Probably a stupid question, but when I do a scan I get the channels found and the EPG
listing appears but I just get a blank screen (apart from epg info etc), and get a message along the lines of
'service could not be found' Is this the same issue, am I just not boosting the signal enough?

Ta,
M

You should check with Virgin Media if they are carrying the channels in your area. I know the scan picks up some channels that are just not available.

Well. NT*L in my case. but yes that's probably the way to go.

Ta.

/M

Well. NT*L in my case. but yes that's probably the way to go.

Ta.

/M

decided to do a manual scan yesterday which picked up a few new channels but were blocky and jumpy so adjusted my boosters power down a lil and they now work. apon doing this though i lost a load of channels i already had so i had to do another auto scan just to get them beack. very frustrating.

what kinda booster did you use mate.. and whats the AGC showing on your box??

its a oneforall booster and it allows me to adjust the power of it i have tried scanning with it on various adjustments.

agc is typically about 39%

Start scan.

That should pick up everything........

On TW (and I believe CW) the NIT tables etc are transmitted on all transponders, not just the default transponder, so you should be able to start the scan from any known transponder frequency.

Back