9 horses dead in 4 days @ cheltnam is it worth it

I actually have 2 of my own mate, my old boy is a 15 hands half arab who thinks he is about 6 when in fact he is actually 28 (and thats good for a horse by the way) and my young un is 3, the young un is a shetland (no-good for riding) and he is just my baby, he is mischevious as hell but cute to go with it.

In answer to your point i would say that to see these beautifull creatures lying dying on a racecourse just so people can bet on them is definetly NOT worth it and if you knew what happened to them when they are of no use racing anymore then that would get your back up even more but that is another story, at the end of the day someone out there is making big bucks from these animals suffering.

regards to all Billyhl.

if it was a cow would u lot care as much ,,,, i dont think so ...

We dont actually race "cows" for fun, they are raised for milk and beef, and yes mate if someone was killing cows (or any other animal) for recreation and betting then i would be opposed to it!

regards to all Billyhl

p.s smirnoff in this forum we are all "friends" and we may have differing opinions, but classing everyone else as "u lot" would insinuate that you consider yourself not being part of DW!.

it's cruel and sickening....it should be banned!!!!:(

glow54 said:
it's cruel and sickening....it should be banned!!!!:(

i totally agree, i have only ever betted once on a horse, and i hated myself for it, i kept on thinking, please, don't let anything happen to it.

luckily for me, the horse ran a good race and won me some money, it came second, and i betted each way.

i only picked the horse cos of the name, something like Princess Aimie, cos my daughter is called Amy, and she's a princess.

I heard a comment once that if the horses could talk they would want to race.

I say if they enjoy it so much why are they whipped.

If it was banned, what do you think would happen to all the race horses?

I'm not really against flat races but the jump races - especially ones with ridiculously difficult fences - are a different matter. I think those should be banned.

jaygotgame said:
I heard a comment once that if the horses could talk they would want to race.

I say if they enjoy it so much why are they whipped.

If it was banned, what do you think would happen to all the race horses?
how many football ball and rugby players world wide die every year, they need a kick up the arse now and again and they enjoy the game . some of them r dumb animals aswell

i understand what u are saying m8 but at the same time theses horses get the best of treatment and fed very well and looked well after but its a shame that sometimes they die on a race course . but at the same time how many do u see dying on a race course considering they race every day apart from a sunday a think i could be wrong not many

andyboyrfc said:
i understand what u are saying m8 but at the same time theses horses get the best of treatment and fed very well and looked well after but its a shame that sometimes they die on a race course . but at the same time how many do u see dying on a race course considering they race every day apart from a sunday a think i could be wrong not many
yea they get sunday off to spend with the kids lol..

and want about horses that unseat the jockeys and finish first ,, the horse loves it

Last edited:
Back