800kb/s on 10mb connection ?

tiestolexxy

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hey guys just got a quick question, i've recently noticed that im not getting the full 10mb on my sb4100 modems, i have two btw one on each pc do you think having two can have something to do with the rates i get on newsgroups ?

Btw i use easynews.com and it peaks at a stable 800kbs which is super fast however was just wondering if i could possibly boost this in anyway ?

cheers
Alex.

113997938.png

Thats from Scotland to Dublin

bb speeds can change from day to day, l get 1.2mb from newleecher and 500 from newsdemon , sometimes on that site l get 10 and now 4, check how many connections u have on your news server 8 is good .

ok will do m8 its not a huge problem just wanted to check befre may when they roll outthe 20mb :) thanks for your help

Try increasing the number of connections in your newsgroup program. Increasing mine to a bout 5/6 gives me the 10meg wheres lower connections give me lower speed overall.

That speedtest.net website changes every time I run a test lol.

I have a subbed 10Mb line and I don't think I've ever hit 1000Kbps on that site. I have over 1000kbps downloading torrents so I know it's there.

speed test gives me 700kb speed

but when im downloading i sometimes get 1250kb if there enough seeders

these speed tests are also dependent on your pc having no bottle necks i believe...i get random tests with beeline bandwidth but with this one i seem to get dead accurate readings....strange.

these speed tests are also dependent on your pc having no bottle necks i believe...i get random tests with beeline bandwidth but with this one i seem to get dead accurate readings....strange.
i get good speed usually between 1.1 and 1.3 on bit torrent site when ther is good seeds and never under 1.0 on newsgroups

This is the signal strength i get in my area (pure ntl) btw...

Frequency 402750000 Hz Locked
Signal to Noise Ratio 37 dB
QAM 256
Network Access Control Object ON
Power Level -5 dBmV
The Downstream Power Level reading is a snapshot taken at the time this page was requested. Please Reload/Refresh this Page for a new reading
HFC MAC Address **:**:**:**:**:**

Upstream Value
Channel ID 5
Frequency 18384000 Hz Ranged
Ranging Service ID 1977
Symbol Rate 2.560 Msym/s
Power Level 54 dBmV

Back