Re: Phantompatch-TM5402HDCI_ALL_115p_08-11-2011.stb

Zorch

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi again all,

Re: Phantompatch-TM5402HDCI_ALL_115p_08-11-2011.stb

Firstly... I would like to again say a big thank you to PhantOm for all the work he puts into producing all of the Technomate patches for us... it is very much appreciated mate...

However, I do have a couple of questions for PhantOm... they are not related to anything that the new patches can/cannot achieve channel wise... they are more to do with the search methods employed by the Technomate receivers...

I suspect that each and every Technomate owner/user will have different personal aspirations as to what their respective Technomate receiver can achieve... my aspirations are most probably only shared by a small minority of Technomate owners/users... but hey... it takes all sorts to make a world...

I was wondering why the 'Sat Finder' (Spectrum Analyzer) feature has not been added into the 'Motorized Settings' menu in the TM 5402 HD Super+

I have found this to be a excellent feature on the TM 6800 HD Super+ and it would be (in my opinion) a great enhancement to the TM 5402 HD Super+... is it not possible to add this feature to this receiver...?

I have also noticed on this (and the previous) TM 5402 HD Super+ patch that there has been an amendment to the 'Blind Search' capabilities...

'Step' > 1MHz > 2MHz > 4MHz > 8MHz > 16MHz > 32MHz

This is an excellent addition (in my opinion) to the 'Blind Search' menu and again thank you for this... however the feature that I was really hoping to see in the 'Blind Search' menu in the new patches has sadly not materialized...

I am referring to my post in the following thread... post #10

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/269576/

I was asking (in the thread) about a possible amendment to the 'Blind Search' menu which would enable the filtering of transponder 'Symbol Rates' when carrying out a 'Blind Scan' of a satellite... this is possible in the TM 5400 CI+ USB (SD) receiver and appears as...

S/R > Fast/Detail/7.5M Over/7.5M Under/3.7M Under

Perhaps more up-to-date 'Blind Search' parameters (now the 'Step' option has been added) would be...

S/R > 10.0M Over/10.0M Under/5.0M Over/5.0M Under

This way you would be able to filter nearly all feed transponders with low S/R under 10.0M from the large packages with very high S/R that are usually above 10.0M

This would also significantly help with 'Overspill' from other satellites when 'Blind Searching' on satellites that are very close together...

At the end of the day... all I am really asking for is a reply from PhantOm to say whether these two features can or cannot be added to the TM 5402 HD Super+... and if it's not possible... hopefully a reason why...?

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Last edited by a moderator:
Back