Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

80029564 - Downloaded Game will not install

why dont you use play.com (play.com/PC/PCs/4-/3516598/Western-Digital-Scorpio-WD3200BEVT-320GB-2-5-Internal-SATA-Hard-Drive/Product.html)

Don't had a hard drive to test. It's the fat one 40GB, not under warrenty and Sony said it might be hard drive and they will replace it with another 40GB for aroynd £131

Same as mine then, mine was a 40gb model until I upgraded the hard drive - mate feck paying Sony all that money, just get a cheap PS3 compatible hard drive off Amazon you can pick them up for around £40 depending on the size you want, if it's not the hard drive you lose £40 quid but gain an extra, if it is the hard drive, you save £100 and have an upgraded hard drive.....sounds like it is your hard drive that's the problem and it also sounds like a no brainer to get one off Amazon first.

Even if it needed repairing after the hard drive upgrade and got sent off to Sony that's still £160 ish and even fat PS3's 40gb second hand are still £180 and brand new Slim's are £250 so you have nothing to lose either way, and potentially £100 saved - but it's your choice....and your dollar.....

[ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Western-Digital-Scorpio-320GB-Internal/dp/B0011U65F2/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1266603154&sr=8-4[/ame]

I can personally vouch for this one, as this is the same one I have in my PS3 currently.

Last edited:
ok now this is now taking mick. Am at my cuz he has a d-link di-524 and i have connected wireless and my files are installing fine.

I have tired 3 routers at my house ( 1 d-link, 1 linksys and 1 d-link from my ISP) and also the modem directly to my ps3 and no luck. We are using the same ISP.

Come on guys, someone help me out.

i dont see where the internet connection should affect it...

have you tried it with internet turned OFF at your house

what do you mean turned off. I have tried to connect my cable modem direct to my ps3 with nothing else connected. What can be wrong.

I just signed another 12 months with my ISP

Come on guys, someone help me out.

That's what we're all trying to do, we ain't miracle workers and a thank you for the effort wouldn't go amiss neither.....having said that I'm with humz1ahmed on this one, totally stumped, internet hardwares shouldn't be affecting anything to do with your hard drive mate with regards to your PS3's ability to install games. Nor vice versa. They're completely non related to one another. I don't wanna say that flat out can't be the problem but what I will say is it doesn't even make theoretical sense - why would wireless, ethernet or modems affect offline game installs ? It just doesn't make any sense. For that to be true then there's nothing wrong with your hard drive but rather somewhere and something to with the internet side of things, whatever that is, and that's one thing you don't want because that's severe pain in the arse territory as I'm sure you know.

Last edited:
what do you mean turned off. I have tried to connect my cable modem direct to my ps3 with nothing else connected. What can be wrong.

I just signed another 12 months with my ISP

Internet turned OFF so just turn your internet off from the XMB in your playstation

Which option is it to turn off. I was thinking of maybe changing ISP but not too sure on that.

I am thankful, it's just annoying that it can work at one house and not anbother.

Which option is it to turn off. I was thinking of maybe changing ISP but not too sure on that.

I am thankful, it's just annoying that it can work at one house and not anbother.

Go to your Settings tab, scroll down to Network Settings, in there you will see Internet Connection - click and disable this, that will switch off your internet on the PS3. It may also be an idea while you're there just to double check your settings if you know what you're looking at.

I understand it's frustrating mate, especially where computers are concerned, but you also have to understand that it can also be frustrating when you try to help someone and they don't seem to thank you for the effort rather to just get ratty with you in frustration that you aren't solving their problem for them....but it's cool mate, let's put it down to frustration. ;)

Let me know how you get on. :)

LOL will try. ISP are saying everything is fine from there end and things are ok in that area.

You guys have been very helpfull, i will try what you said and get back to you.

I told you back in post#8 that it could be your internet connection, and now thats looking like what it is, you keep going on about how you connect to your ps3, either through a modem, router etc etc, but your not changing your internet connection, it could be a very unstable line, hence why your probably getting corrupt data when downloding, and probably dropping offline if playing any online games. If it works at your friends then your ps3 is fine, you have removed all routers, connected straight to your modem, powered off and back on your modem ( to release the mac addy ) and also powered off your ps3 and back on and its still playing up?? can only be one thing, your internet connection is not very good, thats it, you can bang on all you want about routers etc, but if they aint in line and your still stuggling then hellloooooooooooo, its your connection

Did the Enable Disable no change...

I have two questions, are you using wireless ? and more to the point do you keep getting disconnected all the time from psn ?

Because I had that problem with an old ISP when running wirelessly, until I opened the router page and sync'd up the router/PS3 data manually and from then on I never had a problem with disconnects. It's just I imagine too many dc's could well nurf a download when it comes to installing.....so that's another thing to consider.

Last edited:
Back