Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

80029564 - Downloaded Game will not install

max10

Inactive User
I keep on getting the above message when trying to install a demo, game or update. Small files seem to be fine but anything above 400mb has problems. PS3 is wired... can anyone help???

have you tried rebuilding the hard drive files ( i think thats what it is)

if you keep hold of the power button ubtil 3 beeps the menu appears

ok so i switch the ps3 and then when switching it on keep the power button down. correct

This is what you need to know mate about safe mode, not being funny, but you do have enough space left on your hard drive?? Just a thought lol

Go here and have a read, hope this helps, if it does a little thanks plz :)

h**p://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?message.uid=43684789

Another site mentions this
'I disabled the SPI firewall in my router (Netgear w614v6) and all error code 80029564 is gone'

From reading a bit more it does seem to be all hinting towards a bad internet connection, the demo might download, but parts might be missing hence the fail when it goes to install, are you wireless? Try ethernet etc etc, hope some of this helps

Last edited:
Have plenty of space. Am using Ethernet. Someone told me to do Restore PS3 Setting, so i selected Full Format but it seems to be stuck at 1% and remaining time says counting

yeah it does say it can take a while, mine was very quick, so maybe you do have an issue and this will fix it, post back on what happens

Should have a sticky posted about the PS3 hard drives and the "secret" menus for stuff like this as it's useful to know.

ok did the system restore and no luck.... I do not have UPnP enabled and it don't seem to be available even if i select it. Someone said try port forward.... any help?

Strange that you're still having the problem after the format, seems to me that all signs point towards your hard drive being goosed or on it's way out. I mean I hope I'm wrong but to me that's what it's looking like mate from the info you have given on your findings. Have you not got a spare 2.5 inch external sata drive somewhere you can use to test this ? Process of elimination if nothing else at this point.....obviously something is wrong somewhere.

seems to me that all signs point towards your hard drive being goosed or on it's way out. .

i agree, is there another hard drive you can test it with from or borrow ?

also what console is it fat slim and GB (under warranty?)

Don't had a hard drive to test. It's the fat one 40GB, not under warrenty and Sony said it might be hard drive and they will replace it with another 40GB for aroynd £131

no point for a sony refurb its a rip off. I would get a hard drive of ebay or something fairly cheap

I was going to go to my cuz house today and try his network if still don't install then might buy one. Do i just have to make sure it is 2.5 SATA

I was going to go to my cuz house today and try his network if still don't install then might buy one. Do i just have to make sure it is 2.5 SATA

and the right rpm i think its 5400, does your cuz have a ps3, maybe use his hdd in yours and try ?

Would this hard drive work

Item : 160GB W. Digital Caviar SE 7200RPM 8Mb SATA II Hard Drive
Brand/Model : Western Digital WD1600AAJS
Capacity : 160Gb
Spin Speed : 7200rpm
Buffer : 8Mb
Access Time : 8.9ms
Interface : S-ATA II 3.0Gb/s
Bearing Type : Ball
Weight (kg) : 1.25

Back