Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

80029564 - Downloaded Game will not install

It's wired connection, have also tried direct to modem so i think its to do with the ISP. Don't get DC alot.

At my Cuz house i re-downloaded the data

there is one way of making sure if its the connection, download the data but dont install it (at your cuz's)
At your house install the data

it would make a difference because your connection could be dropping etc and downloading data which in the end is corrupt. The only way of making sure is downloading it where you know it installs and try installing it in your house

That's the only way to find out exactly where your problem lies mate - take your PS3 to your mates house and download game to your PS3 and install it there, then delete it and redownload it while your there thus confirming the download and install works fine there, which would suggest problem is with your internet in the event, and just to confirm download at your friends once more but try to install it that time at home and if it succeeds then you know fact it's your internet and not the hard drive that's causing your problem. But until you do that 1 small thing we're all none the wiser to the problem or the solution. At this point you are in no position to be second guessing anybody especially when you aren't 100% sure of your shit, no offense but at this stage you do stuff just to rule out the possibility and therefore discovering what exactly is causing the problem.

I did not say i would not do it, as it is installing fine at his house on my ps3 and his ps3, i just thought that would not be the problem.

My neighbour who also has a PS3 has the same problem so it is going more towards ISP, however my cuz only lives about 5 streets away from me and he is using the same ISP as me.

I tried at a mates house who lives one street away from me and it worked and he has a diif ISP.

I am going to try and someone else's house who lives on my street and is on the same ISP as me on Thursday and see how that goes.

Even if i don't write it i am thankfull for all your help.

I did not say i would not do it, as it is installing fine at his house on my ps3 and his ps3, i just thought that would not be the problem.

My neighbour who also has a PS3 has the same problem so it is going more towards ISP, however my cuz only lives about 5 streets away from me and he is using the same ISP as me.

I tried at a mates house who lives one street away from me and it worked and he has a diif ISP.

I am going to try and someone else's house who lives on my street and is on the same ISP as me on Thursday and see how that goes.

Even if i don't write it i am thankfull for all your help.

To be honest with you mate, you are making this a lot harder than it needs to be, especially for yourself. It's almost as if you are clinging to the hope that it's not your ISP that's the problem.....basically as soon as the problem persisted it should have been a case of is it my hard drive, my internet setup, or their internet service....1 alternative to find the solution should be enough and you can kill 2 birds with 1 stone in taking the PS3 to the 1 friends house to test both your hard drive and internet service - there's no need to take it to 3 different people m8 you're only wasting your own time as well as theirs and ours, it only needs 1 independent test if you will....and if it turns out to be you ISP that's the culprit, as it's looking likely, then you'll be able to duck your contract if you keep on at them and keep stating that they simply aren't providing the service you're paying for.

If it turns out to definitely be your ISP then at the very least if you complain and try to get out you'd be alerting them to the problem and the fact you ain't happy, and there's no reason you should pay good money for the shit end of the stick in this equation. Especially when they are providing shoddy, incomplete service essentially.

Last edited:
again, all this has been said by me and these other guys, about bad data/corrupt because of your connection, yet you seen to be coming back with a little attitude, even though we are offering advice, to be honest, i feel like one of the dragons now from dragons den, we have tried to help, but you dont always want to listen, so for that reason, im out :/

I have said that i think it is my ISP but they are saying that everything is fine on their side

I'd hazzard a guess that he got his problem solved but was ignorant enough to not spend a minute of his time to have the gratitude to let us know. I'd go with that, not interested unless or until you are solving their problem for them. And people wonder why I get into arguments on forums lol....it's because although it's not everyone by any stretch, what it boils down to is that there's a load of ignorant people on. I tell you if people weren't so ignorant I wouldn't be going down that road.

Back