techwizard

Inactive User
Reaction score
the new xbox has 2 cpus and will have a hard to trace mb so will be harder to hack and mod. it may also come with a blueray palyer as the games will need better graphics. it will also feature 8 - 16gb ram for better load ups and faster responce to action on the user

does it have a blueray drive?

It seems to!
Found this info from the link below.

Xbox 720 tech specs leaked

CPU:

x64 Architecture
8 CPU cores running at 1.6 gigahertz (GHz)
each CPU thread has its own 32 KB L1 instruction cache and 32 KB L1 data cache
each module of four CPU cores has a 2 MB L2 cache resulting in a total of 4 MB of L2 cache
each core has one fully independent hardware thread with no shared execution resources
each hardware thread can issue two instructions per clock
GPU:

custom D3D11.1 class 800-MHz graphics processor
12 shader cores providing a total of 768 threads
each thread can perform one scalar multiplication and addition operation (MADD) per clock cycle
at peak performance, the GPU can effectively issue 1.2 trillion floating-point operations per second
High-fidelity Natural User Interface (NUI) sensor is always present
Storage and Memory:

8 gigabyte (GB) of RAM DDR3 (68 GB/s)
32 MB of fast embedded SRAM (ESRAM) (102 GB/s)
from the GPU’s perspective the bandwidths of system memory and ESRAM are parallel providing combined peak bandwidth of 170 GB/sec.
Hard drive is always present
50 GB 6x Blu-ray Disc drive
Networking:

Gigabit Ethernet
Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Direct
Hardware Accelerators:

Move engines
Image, video, and audio codecs
Kinect multichannel echo cancellation (MEC) hardware
Cryptography engines for encryption and decryption, and hashing

Now all we need is a price! (Not going to be cheap!!!)

think this has been mentioned before, but doesn't make for good reading.. :(

A new report on Microsoft’s next Xbox is making the rounds today, and it’s not leaving many smiling faces in its wake.

source

thank god im reversing back in time with games consoles as this is bonkers really??? one time use wow thats bad i really do feel sorry for people who want this console well this and the the ps4 by the looks of things.Such a** holes i mean yeah in time there prob will be a hack somewhere out there but all in good time.

This is really not going to be cheap? I would be willing to bet it will be 100 dollars more than the PS4

consoles used to be cheap to make money on the games. now the consoles are looking more expensive and the games are too. if no second hand games can be played this is going to be an elite product. maybe they should have called it xbox elite!

I look forward to seeing this released but knowing this is make or break for Sony, im thinking they may push harer than Microsoft to take the crown.Think i will bide my time

Sounds interesting and I guess it won't be cheap either...

i really hope ms or sony get the vr headsets on the go

from the rumored xbox ability's and what we know about ps4 i think the xbox is going to be the more innovative the whole room ambilight style kinect thing i think looks ace better that a sodding touch section on a joypad

Back